• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL for lift springs?

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
done some searchin and cant seem to find what im looking for:

im running the 4.5" RE xtreme duty leaves and they're sagging with the weight in the rear. i was thinkning on a shackle, but a friend of mine said AAL. I was fine with a rough ride (im runnin the procomp es3000) and got to searching (because everyone knows that short of a whole new pack, AAL is the safest and best way to go) but couldnt find an AAL to make my 4.5" sit at 4.5" with 300 lbs. infact im not sure that there is any such thing as an AAL for any non-stock springs. anyone have any expierence?

'92 2 door, ax-15, 231,d35/30, 4.0L HO, 4.75" in front actual, 3.75" in rear actual

thanks for any help
-Bryan "XJ_ranger" Bennett
p.s. my name will be red on October 24...

Complete_Lift_Outside.jpg

Last edited:
you can add another leaf to an aftermarket pack. I would not use an add-a-leaf kit though, it will probably provide more lift than you are after. I would go with adding an old xj leaf or another 2.5" wide leaf to the pack. Try to get a full length leaf and put it right under the main leaf. Just about any leaf can be rearched to match your pack. You could also consider finding a shorter leaf and putting it lower in the pack if you are not up to rearching it (spring shops can rearch leaves). Just adding a single leaf often nets people between 3/4-1.5" or so. Trial and error.

Without all the weight in the back, does it sit level? You might want to invest in helper springs or airbags for that much cargo.

Back