• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LUVMYJP Plate Tour 2006

Re: LVMYBRBYJP sighting

Can't host from webshots, Jeff.

I love this. Hope she doesn't get pulled over with that plate on there.

is.php

Now that's funny! Except my Jeep is much cleaner that that filthy thing. Tell the little b!t@h that owns that thing to wash it once in a while.

Is that PhotoShop or the real plate? If the real thing please forward it with $45 for the ticket I got yestarday for not having it on my rig in the State of Colorado.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hey JohnJohn......

I believe Someone's got yer plate alright...... Check out the maglite clips on the back of the plate holding it onto the baby-jeep bumper.......

Whatcha gonna do 'bout it now?????

This should be good.... gonna get some popcorn goin'........... :roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao:
Now that is funny. I think this is about to get interesting

jeeper, i will give you 25 bucks for the plate.

thats many times more than its scrap value, which is a generous offer.

$25? Wish I'd have known that before I traded it away for an EZ Bake oven and 2 candy necklaces........

JohnJohn said:
Except my Jeep is much cleaner that that filthy thing.
Yea, but this one has more rear flex.

I've been running my XJ without a front plate for two years and no ticket. What else were you doing???????????

old_man said:
I've been running my XJ without a front plate for two years and no ticket. What else were you doing???????????

Nothing he pulled me over and told me that my headlights were to bright. I showed him the DOT stamped on the lamp and the label from the bulbs(I always keep in myt glove box). As we walked around he saw that I had no front plate. I told him it got stolen, I even told him how I had it mounted. I don't think he believed me.

Brad,
Rear flex is overated. I am out to cure my tippyness not rear flex. GO-GO Barbie Jeep!

old_man said:

C'mon, it's JohnJohn........ I'd have pulled him over - fits sooooo many "profiles"....

Besides, I had some "friends" looking fer him on his way home..... :firedevil

JohnJohn said:
Rear flex is overated. I am out to cure my tippyness not rear flex. GO-GO Barbie Jeep!
Getting some movement in your rear will help the tippyness. One problem you have is that your suspension is way uneven. Your front is very flexy and the rear is way too stiff. When your rear is on uneven ground, your stiff rear suspension translates that ground angle directly to the body. Basically, the roof of your XJ is the same level as the ground. Softer rear springs would allow the suspension to soak up some of that angle.

GSequoia said:
I just had to quote that for posterity.
Exactly, John John's just way too much of a tighty-whitey.
Move that thang.

YELLAHEEP said:
Besides, I had some "friends" looking fer him on his way home..... :firedevil
Damn I'm glad I don't drive through the state of CO on the way from Moab!

kid4lyf said:
Getting some movement in your rear will help the tippyness. One problem you have is that your suspension is way uneven. Your front is very flexy and the rear is way too stiff. When your rear is on uneven ground, your stiff rear suspension translates that ground angle directly to the body. Basically, the roof of your XJ is the same level as the ground. Softer rear springs would allow the suspension to soak up some of that angle.
Good God. He makes it up Tater Salad twice and he suddenly has the knowledge of a pro.

People, please lay off the "You're so great" talk. His head is already so big that a stocking cap fits him like panty hose.

To get this thread even more off track...

I'm still not sure how softer springs would help me feel less tippy? I know a few on this board that run the 8" BOR leafs with the JKS shackle that do not experiance the tippy issues I had last week.

The reason my rig is so tippy is due to my rim & tire combo(backspacing and width). I remember my first rig, that I drove all the way through Pritchet, with very little tippy issues. The rig was set up almostly exactly like the 98 is. In fact the 98 is actully shorter. The main difference is the tires and wheels. I ran MTRs and an 8" rim with a little more backspace on the old rig. The pictures don't show the previous wheel and tire combo.

My first fix will be trying an 8" rim, then moving back to MTRs if that doesn't work.

The BFG really seams to bulge more than the MTR does at crawl preasure. XJEEPER, where are the tire fold pictures at 12PSI???

I was told by a BFG tire expert that MTkms are to be run offroad at 16-18psi.

I will be limiting the front flex though:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/200423337/200442654MaDWGY
http://community.webshots.com/photo/200423337/200442691rUxNjR
Yes that is my 8" coil and 1.75" spacer.

Thanks lesslimited...I have been waiting for those pitures!!!

Last edited:

is.php
[/QUOTE]

While this rig offers JJ a much more stable ride, he'll never find comfort with that ultra-compact passenger area, although the colors match his eyes........

Hating to agree with him, I do have to concur that the Pickle tall tire/skinny rim combo add to the instability of his current suspension configuration.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/199890483/199899908VaLEpR

Once he copies me by installing a set of manly Rubi wheels, this will improve the stability somewhat, but the lift height to track width ratio (LH/TW) is still way off.

Limit straps will help the over-flexation of the front end, but a better solution would be to install a killer set of glass race fenders up front and lose about 3" of lift. Trim the rears to the pinch seam, add backwards TJ flares and the Tippy Pickle will be a cool cucumber that looks good and works well too.......nice coil unload, Taterhead......my consultation fee just went up, as I need a new pair of cargo's.

Last edited:
Back