• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy Magnecor plug wires..

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I went the cheap route last time and got the Napa wires. Not they are sperating and leaving the boot and conductor on the plug. So now I'm looking for the Magnecor wires I should have gotten in the first place. Can't seem to find them though, anyone know where I can get a set for a 89 4.0? TIA

What do OEM ones run. The mags aren't that bad I didn't think for price. 7mm-$46.39, 8mm-$47.57, 8.5-$69.73. The Napa ones ran me around 30 and didn't even last a year. I didn't even realize they sold them off their site. oops thanks.

Last edited:
Are OEM wires a Canadian government subsidized item like drugs??? :roflmao:

Island XJ said:
http://www.magnecor.com/
personally, I did not notice any difference with Magnecor over OEM replacements other than the skyhigh pricing. at the price of OEM, why not just replace them every time you change your oil?

crystalship1 said:
Are OEM wires a Canadian government subsidized item like drugs??? :roflmao:
no, but i did get a federal "arts" grant in 1996 to paint my truck!
I applied for funding to create a performance art piece that was "representative of Canadian culture". Before you laugh your asses off, they gave me $6100.00 CDN (i think thats ten bucks US :D ). The only strings attached were that i had to provide pictures and documentation of the process to show that i actually did it, and did it myself. if i still had the thing i'd send you a picture. in total it cost me 250 bucks for eleven cans of enamel paint and about 20 bucks for brushes (hand painted red and white camoflage) the rest of it was in the pocket brutha! too bad those days are over. now we have to rely on making money by selling our drugs to the USA. the biggest one of which is good ol' BC Bud!

i should add that OEM is often cheaper than aftermarket stuff up here because aftermarked goods have to be shipped from down there...

Island XJ said:
i should add that OEM is often cheaper than aftermarket stuff up here because aftermarked goods have to be shipped from down there...

Thats funny...we figured with all the asian immigrants coming into B.C. aftermarket parts would be cheaper. You mean they don't bring them over when they come in to town...?

I run standard carbon core 7mm silicone jacked wires on my dragbike...12k rpm with nitrous...as a side note...any wire will pull apart after a lenght of time if the boot wasn't well lubed with dielectric grease before it was installed.

I didn't think Magnecore sold direct. I got my set from Nick in Phoenix. You can reach him at <[email protected]>

I think they are superior to OEM factory wires, but I think the Mopar Performance wires are nearly as good and are less expensive. For an HO I would go with Mopar Performance. Unfortunately, DaimlerChrysler discontinued the performance wires for the Renix XJs, so it's either Magnecores or buy two sets of Mopar Performance wires to make up one set. (Or buy the OEM wires, or the house brand at Auto Zone, which cost like $15 and have a lifetime warranty).

As far as I know the delectric grease is not a lube just used to keep containments out, and I've never had any other wire pull apart like these did. I'll check to see what Mopars got or go with Mags.

WOW ......... And to think that if Kerry gets elected, Canada will be a less liberal government than the US!!!! :tear: :us:

Island XJ said:
no, but i did get a federal "arts" grant in 1996 to paint my truck!
I applied for funding to create a performance art piece that was "representative of Canadian culture". Before you laugh your asses off, they gave me $6100.00 CDN (i think thats ten bucks US :D ). The only strings attached were that i had to provide pictures and documentation of the process to show that i actually did it, and did it myself. if i still had the thing i'd send you a picture. in total it cost me 250 bucks for eleven cans of enamel paint and about 20 bucks for brushes (hand painted red and white camoflage) the rest of it was in the pocket brutha! too bad those days are over. now we have to rely on making money by selling our drugs to the USA. the biggest one of which is good ol' BC Bud!

Weasel said:
I went the cheap route last time and got the Napa wires. Not they are sperating and leaving the boot and conductor on the plug. So now I'm looking for the Magnecor wires I should have gotten in the first place. Can't seem to find them though, anyone know where I can get a set for a 89 4.0? TIA

You could try Summit Racing. Having said that, you could get a set of Splitfire plug wires instead. They really are excellent units; 8.0mm thick and with heavy duty plug boots that'll never fall apart. I've had mine for 8 years and they're still as good as new.

I went with the Moroso Blue Max set. It was the universal for the V-8. Maybe a bit more work than you want, but an option.
Tom

crystalship1 said:
WOW ......... And to think that if Kerry gets elected, Canada will be a less liberal government than the US!!!! :tear:

I think its hilarious that so many Americans (I won't use the Canadian term for you :) ) think "liberal" means bad. :D
From Webster's 9th Collegiate:
Liberal: adj. 1.b. Of or befitting a man of free birth.
5.BROAD-MINDED. esp. Not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms.
Liberal: n. one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways.

Isn't that what makes the USA so great? Freedom to do and say dang well what you please?
Vote Kerry! :D

Back