• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front 44 question

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
so what is everyone getting the front D44 out of i know i dont want to use radius arms i want to use my LA's. So what years are not cast? Also what if its not a high pinion would it stilll work?

Starting in 78 Ford changed to the cast-in radius arm mounts, so you'll be looking for a 77 and earlier F-150. F-250s of various years are also an option but you'll need to address the 8-bolt wheel pattern by matching the rear or swapping out the outers for F-150 stuff. Low pinion axles still work and that opens up your options to include early Broncos, Scouts, Grand Waggys, etc...
Jeep on!
--Pete

I used a 6 lug waggy 44. It too is low pinion but o well and then i made new mounts on the axles to work with my exixting control arms. Anything from 82 and newer waggy will work i think.

beast said:
I used a 6 lug waggy 44. It too is low pinion but o well and then i made new mounts on the axles to work with my exixting control arms. Anything from 82 and newer waggy will work i think.
80 and up Waggy is driver's side drop, but some years (83-83?) have some with a vacuum disconnect that you want to avoid. they're low pinion, but if you cut and turn the knuckles it's pretty good.

Back