• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone how's it going, i'm thinking about buying a rear bumper and tire carrier for my 89 XJ. I'm thinking about going w/ Tomkens... any suggestions and pics of your rear bumper/tire carrier

RobCherokeeXJ89 said:
Hi everyone how's it going, i'm thinking about buying a rear bumper and tire carrier for my 89 XJ. I'm thinking about going w/ Tomkens... any suggestions and pics of your rear bumper/tire carrier
Tomken's uses the stock endcaps on your jeep. its basically a heavy duty replacement bumper. it also will not fit perfectly within the stock endcaps and their carrier rattles like hell. at least these were the problems that I have seen. maybe they have changed in the last couple of years? at any rate try a search on the forums here for "rear bumper", you should get a couple of hundred threads to read through. also try XJDB.com, and search for rear bumper. there are plenty to choose from out there. its also pretty simple to build one if you have access to a welder.

Not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way...... Please use the search feature before posting. This topic comes up very often and there's tons of threads with the info you're looking for.

Welcome to NAXJA and good luck!

So it looks like i'm probably going to go w/ c4x4 or OET, the main thing is that i have the two D ring mounts and hitch... I would also like to carry a 48" jack... right now i'm running a 3" ranchos lift w/ spacers and longer shackle w/ 32x11.5 MTR's

Back