• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"I'M ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!"

MountainGoat

NAXJA Forum User
Im sure everyone knows about the yellow ribbons people have been putting on their cars thats says "Support the Troops".... Well around here they are hard to get.... Even some of the local radio stations have been advertising where to find them and they sale out rather fast.... Sooo... I finally got two of them... one for my jeep and the other for my wife's car.... we live at the University.... and the parking area we park at is secured for people in our complex... not a lot of traffic......... Anyway we parked the car close to the building.... only those in the parking lot could see our car.... I walk out this morning and notice something different about the back of the car.... then it dawns on me... my Yellow ribbon showing that I Support the Troops has been stolen... not just that one but the other one that says Support America.. they are both gone... Some commie low-life took them.... Im fricken steaming over this... I mean how low do you have to go to steel it? We have some anti war, anti troops, yellow spined POS's on campus ... I cant help but think one of those scum vermin took the ribbon cause they hate the Troops.... All I want to do now is wrap a chain around their xxxxx necks and drag them behind my XJ! Maybe beat them with a blunt object before I drag them behind the XJ.... send their remains to their buddies fighting the troops... ARRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[EDIT]I feel your pain, but that doesn't temporarily set aside the forum rules regarding language. Look on the bright side -- perhaps they were taken by someone who also supports the troops but who can't afford a ribbon.[/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Brother, I feel your pain.... I have to deal with these kind of A@#Holes on a daily basis, including one of my instructors at school....
I went to a Rally For America back in feb and had some anti-war protestors taunting me.... me not being a small guy by anymeans decided to "Confront" them... well two officers (dragging me away from potentially cracking necks) later, i was on my way back to the rally...

prozac.jpg

I can see some have missed the message here... has nothing to do with something getting ripped off... sure it is hard to find and only cost lik 5 bucks... This is about something I can see is beyond the grasp of what appears to be a couple folks here....

CH.. Yeah I know what you mean... Im not a very small man either.... I served my country for 14 years.... I joined to serve, not like some that joined for the college money and then later cried about being sent off to fight... I dont mind people speaking their minds... I defended their rights when I was in the military... and I defend them now... but when a group of people speak out and try to use that right to voice their opinions as a shield..then take away that very same voice from those they disagree with.... well thats when I get ****ed off.... including when they have been whining so xxxxxxx hard about it..... there we a few of them out front last night..... out in the parking lot next to the door that enters our complex.... hmmmm? When I came home today half of them cleared out when they saw me.....

Jay... I guess the meds work for you... have fun.... im just blowing off a little steam...

Yeah, I find it kind of funny, that the ultra-liberal anti-war mongers, are soo tolerant and respectful to others beliefs( only if others beliefs are the same as theirs), but if your beliefs are contradictory to theirs, then your WRONG...
ehh.. blah blah blah... just my $.02

Oh and MG, my hats off to you for your service.... Just remember, some people in this country still have respect for that uniform, and are greatful for what it insures....

hey mountain, i'm headin to a big px this weekend, want me to see if i can find one for ya? it wouldnt cost that much, I need to look for some for my folks anyhow. it feels really good to know that those of us in the military (me, roguesport, gijohn etc. . ) still have the support of the folks back home, and it means a lot to us. I'd be glad to foot the bill to get ya one or two. Just shoot me a message here, or email me at [email protected]

Kris

Re: "ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!"

Culinary_Hooligan said:
Yeah, I find it kind of funny, that the ultra-liberal anti-war mongers, are soo tolerant and respectful to others beliefs( only if others beliefs are the same as theirs), but if your beliefs are contradictory to theirs, then your WRONG...

Interesting, we can say the same about you.

ladywolf said:
) still have the support of the folks

Sorry for jacking the post, but what do people mean when they say that they support the troops, like in what way? How?
What about the people who say they dont support the troops or war, same question to them.
Are there any people who support the troops but not the war?
Or is supporting the troops the same as supporting the war?
Is not supporting the war the same as not supporting the troops?

Yeah go ahead and call me any names you like, I'm just warning you is all. I may be young, but there is still something that I acheived that doesnt warrant you to accuse me of one thing or another. Right now I am just on the road to more information, so lets just stick to that.

Z22_Z33 said:
Yeah go ahead and call me any names you like, I'm just warning you is all. I may be young, but there is still something that I acheived that doesnt warrant you to accuse me of one thing or another. Right now I am just on the road to more information, so lets just stick to that.
Oh, Pleeeease enlighten us as to what thing you've achieved
rolleye.gif

You know you didnt answer my question/s. And whys it matter that much? Once people dont stick to what i asked and start throwing mud at me like calling me nonamerican or the like, then I'll say, other then that it doesnt matter at the moment.

Z22_Z33 said:
Sorry for jacking the post, but what do people mean when they say that they support the troops, like in what way? How?
What about the people who say they dont support the troops or war, same question to them.

I'm sure they are people who support the troops but not the war. Personally, I think that you can support troops, but not war. War is an ugly thing, I've seen what it does to countries, I was there for 16 months. By having the support of the folks back home, it can be as simple as a thank you, a letter in the mail by someone i've never met, or it can be an awesome jeep club that involves someone halfway around the world and invites them out to do stuff. its folks in texas that invite folks to spend christmas at their house, because they want to.
I'm defending people's freedoms, and I'm proud of that. I didnt join for college money or the GI bill. I followed the call of defending my country, i've wanted to do that every since i was like 5 years old. i'm proud to say I'm a US soldier, and nothing, and no one, is ever going to take that from me.

ladywolf said:
I'm sure they are people who support the troops but not the war. Personally, I think that you can support troops, but not war. War is an ugly thing, I've seen what it does to countries, I was there for 16 months. By having the support of the folks back home, it can be as simple as a thank you, a letter in the mail by someone i've never met, or it can be an awesome jeep club that involves someone halfway around the world and invites them out to do stuff. its folks in texas that invite folks to spend christmas at their house, because they want to.
I'm defending people's freedoms, and I'm proud of that. I didnt join for college money or the GI bill. I followed the call of defending my country, i've wanted to do that every since i was like 5 years old. i'm proud to say I'm a US soldier, and nothing, and no one, is ever going to take that from me.
My hats off to you Ladywolf and all those like you serving in the armed forces defending the freedoms we have all grown up with. As almost anybody in the armed forces know, and many who are not, not all countries share these freedoms such as freedom of speech. Thanks!
So, can we support our troops and not the war? Sure,why not? If a family member happened to be in a bad situation, would we turn our backs and tell them what a piece of crap they are for being in that situation? Judging by the way some people treat our troops that would be their way of dealing with it. But it wouldn't be better if we said that we may not agree with what they are doing but we're here to support them and help them when they get through this. Those that are self centered or narrow minded probably don't think so.
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. After all, I have a rather biased opinion about supporting our troops, since I retired after serving for 20 years and like so many of us that joined for something other than a free meal ticket, I'm proud of my time in service. So, to those serving, Thanks, get home soon and get home safe! :us:

Z22_Z33 said:
I'm in the group that supports the troops but doesn't support the "war." That means is that as a veteran I know what the troops are going through, I pray for their safe return, and I actively "engage" anyone who says bad things about our troops. On the other hand, while I think going into Afghanistan was the correct thing to do, I think Iraq was a mistake and that it diverted valuable resources and attention away from the true "war on terror" (which is a struggle, but not a real war).

How people support the troops is a personal decision. Some bake cookies and send them, some "adopt" a pen pal in the sandbox and write letters, some pray for their safety ...

Most anybody who has been there, done that or even knows and has talked to someone who has. Is gonna be against war. waffleing in the middle of it, is probably just gonna get more people killed.
Peoples oppinions about the war, really shouldn´t carry over to the troops, who have to fight it. That´s wrong, go ahead and get PO´d at the politicians who authorized it, the dictators or fanatics who instigated it or even the countries who hope to benefit from it, but not the troops that have to fight it.
Blaming the troops, is kind of like blaming the plumber, because your up to your ears in Sheite.
Driving back from the Veterans administration, cast up to my rear, car load of cripples, missing limbs and more, came across a bunch of protesters. Spontanious, just happened, car emptied out and a bunch of no minds, got a few lumps, from a bunch of wounded and crippled troops, with more spirit than good sense. Cops came, a couple looked kind of choked up. Made me want to cry too.
Have known some really patriotic guys, that died for the flag and country, think defacing the flag, as a form of free speech, is like peeing on there graves. As a matter of fact, think it´s wrong, even with the enimies flag.
Same with tearing down, removing, destroying or defacing, most any sign of respect. Not so much the sentiment itself, but the lack of respect, I find really hard to stomach.
Some guy walked up to me (in uniform) after Nam and spit on me in the Frisco airport (and smiled at his friends), cost me an assault charge and a couple of months pay, but heck it was worth it. In the military, we called it "attitude adjustment".

I'm in the Marine Corps right now and while a big reason for joining was the college money, I love it it. I don't know about making it a career yet (I have 10 months left) but when I found out there was a possibility of going to Afghanistan I was excited. I loved it for about the first 3 months. That's what being a Marine/Soldier/Airman/Sailor is all about. Deploying in defense of our nation, going to remote parts of the world to enforce our nation's interests and defend the rights of those who have no one to fight for them. That's why I hate hearing people accuse us of going over and doing horrible things. Not saying that's happening here. Is it possible to support troops and not war? Yes. If you don't support the war and do like the protesters in San Fran did and block off trucks carrying supplies to be sent overseas, you are just as bad as the people that crashed into the WTC. If you protest the war and just voice it fine. I personally think it may be a better idea to kepp it down somewhat until afterwards because you won't stop anything. Most likely it'll hurt more of our troops. I read that one of the top generals of the NVA had said right after the Vietnam War that if it weren't for the number of protests they may have surrendered. But its still your right to say whatever you want, just please don't interfere with supplies and things our troops need.

Im sure everyone knows about the yellow ribbons people have been putting on their cars thats says "Support the Troops"....

<SNIP>

.... I walk out this morning and notice something different about the back of the car.... then it dawns on me... my Yellow ribbon showing that I Support the Troops has been stolen...

Something similar to this happened to a friend of mine, but the items were the plastic "Darwin" and "Evolve" fish. He decided to paint them on after that. You may want to try paint.

People seem to respect others property less and less these days. I had someone break into my convertible a few years ago and they tore up the inside since there wasn't anything worth stealing. My brother called from Hawaii this week, and the top to his car got slashed twice last week. There was nothing taken the first time. He repaired it, and they came back and slashed and stole his seat covers the second. Makes me want to crack some heads.

-Copperhead

Z22_Z33 said:

So, in your expansive 20 years of life, you have obviously achieved mcuh compared to the rest of us shmos here.

And although I am just barely your senior, I have the insight not to make such flat out supid comments as you.

You're warning us? WTF about?

You're on the road to more information? Does that road lead to your dealer's place so you can go get more drugs, because you gotta be on something funky.

Here is a bit of insight:

Most of the people that ever join the military do it not for themselves, but for others. As much I as may not like your point of view or what you have to say, I dislike even more the possibility of you not having the right to make such comments. I joined the Army, and would have given my life in defense of ANYONE'S right to freedom.

Get off your high horse and be grateful to those who serve, and every time you are not jailed or beaten, or taken away in the middle of the night by a death squad for giving your opinion, remember the people have died, and that you will never have the honor of knowing them.

Fergie

Back