• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spacer questions

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
got a couple quick questions on coil spacers
first one is can you stack coil spacers?
i am at 4.5 inch lift with 3 inch coils and 1.75 spacer and will be goin up an aditional inh here soon, once the extended slip yoke comes in and get some ucas.
but i figure you can just stack them up. just wondering if anyone has done this?
also does anyome make an actual once inch coil spacer rather than .75 inch one?
everwhere i look i dont see a one inch on. i know its only 1/4 inch but im anal on these things.

also while im asking questions, has anyone gone up to 5.5 inches of lift with stock uca's?
i have had no problems with my factory ones on my 89 xj and no vibes or anything. all i have is longer lca's for my lift and a t case drop.

i think you should look into the acos . i would think you can stack the spacers but i woulnt do it. im almost sure you cant(really dont want to) do 5.5 on stock uca

I have some 1" spacers that I made, $20 plus shipping and they are yours. BTW they are urethane

Stack em up all you want, as long as they fit tightly, you'll be fine. you can run 5.5" on stock LCA's but it sucks. You may have trouble with the castor, and it will be a rough ride. Smoother ride comes from the LCA's sitting parallel tothe body. the closer to parallel, the smoother the ride. Plus the short stockers will be pulling the axle too far back. If you are going 5.5, just save up and get some longer LCA's and UCA's. Make sure they are adjustable. Rocky road sells 1" poly spacers here: http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

Island XJ said:
Stack em up all you want, as long as they fit tightly, you'll be fine. you can run 5.5" on stock LCA's but it sucks. You may have trouble with the castor, and it will be a rough ride.
Stack spacers and you no longer have a coil tower to retain the coils. With that much lift on stock LCAs the wheel has got to be almost rubbing the rear of the wheel opening; stock LCAs are 15.75" and recommended is approximately 16.6-17" while the stock UCA is 15" and recommended 15.3" at that height. Rough ride at that height is an understatement; Drop Brackets or Longarms are definitely recommended.

i think i rephrased part of this wrong. I have 4.5 inch lower control arms in right now. I was at 4.5 with stock ones no problem but i replaced them with these, not adjustable but way better ride and a lot longer. i dont see another inch on these lca's being a problem. I still have factory uca's but i have had no problems yet. i will keep my eyes open for a good deal on longer uca's then. I want adjustable stuff but just cant afford it!

also who is anthony and how to i get ahold of him, i would think of asking him to make me 2.75 inch coil spacers if i knew how to tlak to him, also might be interested in the 1 inch spacers if i cant get a hold of him.

Yucca-Man said:
Stack spacers and you no longer have a coil tower to retain the coils.
Yep that's right, my oversight. You can stack em, but make sure you have enough coil tower left to retain those babies!
Also, going another inch should be fine on your 4.5" LCA's, but definitely look into adjustable UCA's ASAP. And like Yucca said, consider drop brackets or long arms for improved ride over time. Personally I'm not big on long arms, they are great on road, but can contribute to unloading your suspension on a steep hill climb offroad.

I have an xj with a 8 inch coill and 2 1.75 spacers screwed together with wood screws and i am happy with the results. I did however extend my bump stop at the top by welding an additional 6 inches on. Go for it stack them. In order to run my 39.5's i might stack another .75 on but not yet sure.

Back