• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new catalytic converter

drshoebocks

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know a good place in Chicago to get exhaust work done? I have to replace my Cat, and am thinking of doing muffler as well. I've never done exhaust work before, and just don't think I have the time to tinker. I deally I would like to order the parts and have someone put them on.

Thanks in advance.

North side, south side, west side, east side (eeek!) ?

I use a guy by Irving Park and Pulaski for cheap exhaust work, he's like an independent midas, meineke, blah blah blah shop.

Harding and Irving I think, next door to a funeral home :)
Guys name is Alex

They had it done in 30 minutes, did a great job, and only cherged 250 for new cat, new muffler, new pipe, and labor. Thanks for the recommendation.

...support your local business...yeah!

I just had a good experience dealing with "Chicano Driveshaft" on Cicero, hell, someone suggested I should make a "Chicano Racing" sticker.. :D

Call Beezil. Take beer.

Seriously, exhaust work isn't that hard. When I redid my exhaust, I only had one weld done (I reused the bolted flange just forward of the catalytic converter) and just clamped everything else to get it done quickly. You can do the job from the bolted flange back for about $125 in parts with a little shopping...

5-90

Its 50 degrees and I don't have a garage. I spent a nice couple days under the jeep in early summer doing my suspension. It was way worth a 100 bucks to have someone do it while I went to lunch.

Back