• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ideas for my JEEP room

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Since we moved into the new house in May the downstairs living area has been known as the JEEP room. I have all sorts of jeep stuff in there. I am stuck though and need some ideas.
I need to make a JEEP coffie table. Anybody have an idea that might make a cool table? I am already using a D35 shaft and stock ten spoke wheel upended for an end table.
I also want to put something on the walls...Paint or something jeep related but I am at a loss. They don't make jeep wallpaper or boarder.
I also am looking for any kind of old jeep stuff....toys,signs,stickers...anything jeep related
Any help here? :banghead:

Kejtar said:
Talk to Rick Norman about using his rear hatch glass for it :D
Funny. I have a rear glass out of an XJ and tried it...They aren't flat...I can just see my wife everytime someone goes to set there beer down and it rolls away...her :nono: her :lecture:her :twak: me :dunno:

Maybe a hood from a flat fender would make a cool table. Or maybe a grill from the same with a piece of glass on top to make it flat.Just an idea.

junkxj said:
Maybe a hood from a flat fender would make a cool table. Or maybe a grill from the same with a piece of glass on top to make it flat.Just an idea.
thought about using four stock coils for the legs and then making a steel frame to weld them too and putting glass across the top. I had a grill out of a cj5 but it just didn't quite work. don't know about a flattie...they might work better

Paint the walls rust, or concrete then splatter used oil, and grease for effect.

Have a potpourri burner with gear oil in it for "aromatherapy"

consider an old AMC sign as a wall hanging, or maybe a few tin signs
willys.jpg

go to a JY and pry off every type of Jeep plate or script that catches your fancy (old SJ stuff comes to mind) make a shadow box or plaque

frame a few select ads from the past

Ebay has a ton of Jeep memorabilia, the choice is up to your taste and wallet

Edit: I've watched too many of those foo-foo shows :anon:

Last edited:
Make your own wallpaper border, take a bunch of TJ, YJ, XJ, ZJ, WJ and TJ plates, use any plain walpaper border of your choice and use the plates as stamps. Or use wood molding and stick the plates into the molding. For end tables use jeep wheels with circular glass tops. For a coffee table use an old CJ or M151 hood or an [eagle, cover your eyes] old MJ tailgate covered in glass, use shock absorbers for legs.

Get an old MT tire with a good treat pattern, roll it in brown paint, then roll the tire across the wall and put tread marks on it. Make 2 perpendicular lines like you drove your jeep across the wall, or "drive" the tire along the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling and use that as your border.
------
What about converting a set of XJ tail lights into wall sconces?
------
I saw a home remodling show where they converted a room into a police theme. They took the front half of an old police car and out it in the room. Your room may not be big enough to do this with the front of a Jeep, but they put a desk top coming off the dashboard so you could sit behind the windshield and look out over the hood while you work at your desk. Then, after cleaning out the engine compartment they built a box in it and used it for storage.
------
Stop at every Jeep dealership that you come across as you travel and pick up their plastic advertising plates, or look up a jeep dealer in each state and call then to ask if they would mail you one of their plates, then "wallpaper" one wall with them.
------
You can go to specialty photo places or find them on the internet, that will take one of your offroading pictures and blow it up it big enough to put on your wall as wallpaper.
------

That's all I got for now!

-seats out of a 5.9 for "theatre" seating.
-CJ,YJ,TJ grill/lights as wall art.
-old & new Jeep ads framed
-pics of your or friends jeeps, or pics of 'wheelin' blown up and framed.
-factory Jeep wheel clock (clock kits are cheap)
-tow hooks for coat hangers..etc.
-shelves for Jeep toys....tons of die-cast out there, ask Ppro
-Quadratec has a bunch of novelty Jeep stuff in their catalog.

I am doing alot of this in my garage...not the theatre though!

I'd say for the coffee table, you're going to need to put a pc. of ~1/2/' temp. glass over the top of something. The tail gate off of an old CJ may be a little small. There is also the tail gate off of a J truck or maybe an mj. The mud terrain border sounds cool. You could use the grille off an early CJ 2 or 3 to hang on the wall. Wire it with low voltage lights in the lights.

Good Luck

The MT along the wall sounds like a good idea but I'd make it a bit easier on myself and again use a plain neutral colored border and roll the 'inked' tire along that then install that as a border, otherwise the corners could get interesting :D

Actually if you take a sample to a wallpaper store with a 'sample' of the print you want they will print it up for you and it's not awful expensive that way either.... Then you just have to decide 'do I use 9.50 or 10.50's'... AT's or MT's.

RichP said:
The MT along the wall sounds like a good idea but I'd make it a bit easier on myself and again use a plain neutral colored border and roll the 'inked' tire along that then install that as a border, otherwise the corners could get interesting :D

Actually if you take a sample to a wallpaper store with a 'sample' of the print you want they will print it up for you and it's not awful expensive that way either.... Then you just have to decide 'do I use 9.50 or 10.50's'... AT's or MT's.
Its gotta be at least at 10.50 or its not manly enough for me :D

DrMoab said:
Here are some pictures of what I have done so far
http://community.webshots.com/album/198907439OtrSPP
Now I think I want to do a toddler bed for my son TJ(yeah like the jeep I know I am sick)
I want to built him a cherokee bed that the mattress goes where the roof is and make the hood lift up for a toy box. That would be cool.

I've seen a wrangler bed before complete with a hinged windshield. Hood up for storage and has pull out drawers under it. Look in kids catalogs, there may already be one.

Cottontail said:
Get an old MT tire with a good treat pattern, roll it in brown paint, then roll the tire across the wall and put tread marks on it. Make 2 perpendicular lines like you drove your jeep across the wall, or "drive" the tire along the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling and use that as your border.
I was going to do that in my room, but my parents wouldnt let me. I was also thinking about doing it to a shirt............ :greensmok

Why not just drive a Jeep thru the wall and park it there. It would make good conversations!

hinkley

Back