• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with gauges!!!!!!!!

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got some white face gauges for my 98 cherokee. I know bling bling but I kind of like them. Anyways we disassembled the gauge pod took the needles off threw on the the white gauge overlay and then read the instructions. It said to start the jeep up let it warm up to temperature and then make a drawing off alll the readings. Then pull off the needles and install overlay and then install needles when guage pod is back in vehicle and turned on. Unfortunately I missed this huge step and my needles are everywhere. I got the speedometer close I think. Does anybody have a better way. My brother said we can try to hook it up to the drb at his work and set it that way but is there a better way that I don't know about. Please help I have no fuel gauge, batter gauge, or oil gauge, and no tach. ------------Kyle

Go to a junk yard, drop $45 on a new one and start over?

If you hold down the trip reset button for three seconds and turn the key [no need to start] the needles will cycle through there entire range. This might help you get them closer to being true.

btt..........just in case anyone has done the same and fixed it.-------Kyle

They do say to remove the needles but to draw the way they are pointing at operating temperature and put them back on as the way you drew that. Something like that. The only reason I didn't try to do so was I wasn't near the instructions at the time and decided to just start tearing it apart and putting it back together. Too bad I didn't have the instructions on hand (was at my brothers house) and we just got ahead of ourselves. Oh well my brother said we can just use the drb at his local dealership( he works there).----Kyle

Don't know if this will help but here goes, my 98 gauges, engine off, key out.
battery 1/8" to the left of 9
gas, runs dead center thru the E
RPM sits dead center thru 0
mph 1/8" below the last tick mark on the left
Oil 1/8" to the left of 0
F temp 1/8" to the left of 100

Back