• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got home...AWESOME TRIP!

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
As usual, the NAXJA leadership did a super job putting on the event. The trail leaders were superb (Thanks Derek and Bob), and everything in general was outstanding. I got to put faces with names of a few "characters" I've been wanting to meet in person, (Okie Terry, poomba, Danno and others) and saw some old friends, too. I had a great time! :party:
BTW, I left Slickrock around 7:15 this morning and stopped and MickeyD's on the way out with hjeepxj and his dad. A gentleman walked up and complimented us on our XJs and had some questions about NAXJA. I gave him one of the cards I picked up at the sign-in table and we chatted awhile. It was Charles Wells, the author of the trail books most of us have seen and used. He was in Moab doing some trails on an ATV for a new book he's doing. Nice guy and definately "one of us"!

BillR said:
BTW, I left Slickrock around 7:15 this morning and stopped and MickeyD's on the way out with hjeepxj and his dad. A gentleman walked up and complimented us on our XJs and had some questions about NAXJA. I gave him one of the cards I picked up at the sign-in table and we chatted awhile. It was Charles Wells, the author of the trail books most of us have seen and used. He was in Moab doing some trails on an ATV for a new book he's doing. Nice guy and definately "one of us"!
I met up with Charles on the way up Gold Bar Rim. He was with his crew of ATV'ers. He took some pictures of my jeep and got permission to possibly use them in his upcoming trail guide book. We talked for maybe an hour about trail usage and of course Jeep Cherokees. Like Bill says, He's one of us. A good guy trying to help us all out and get people to go out and experience the Moab back roads. Hope his ATV book is as good as his other one is.
Joe :viking:

BillR said:

Charles Wells definatley is a good guy!

And x2 on the great event put on by NAXJA. Hopefully next NAXJA event, I'll actually be locked... :huh: :flame:

:cheers:

Had a good time with a great bunch of people. I'm already starting my new mods first thing in the morning. Thanks, poomba, for a lot of insight. If you need more seat time let me know.
Later,
Joe

I had a great time as well. However, some of the faces really should have remained just an avatar.

It was a pleasure meeting you all, Bill, Rick, Jeff, Rick, Joe, Dan, Joe, Jeff, Remi, GS, Wayne, Dan, Tom, Jack, Mike, Marisha, Rick, Jim, Mike, and all the others that I can't think of at the moment (finishing the beer).

I would like to also extend a BIG thanks to the rest of the Midwest crew that attended and took me in as if I spoke your language.

Thanks Greg, for riding along on Friday and letting me ride along on Thursday, it was real. Next time the digger turn is gonna work.

One last thing...

Go go Mudzilla!

Yup it definately was a blast! I can't wait till next year (as soon as new dates are decided upon I'll put in vacation request :D)
Oh.... yeah and great meeting all of you whose faces I will remember (well some of those will probably haunt me for a while...) and whose names I can't remember cause my memory sucks!

See you all next year :D

Great meeting all of you and puting some names with faces. Not like I will remember all of them. But I will def. be there next year.

bigjoe said:
Had a good time with a great bunch of people. I'm already starting my new mods first thing in the morning. Thanks, poomba, for a lot of insight. If you need more seat time let me know.
Later,
Joe

Finally got a quote for the C-Roc steering box brace down there, Joe: $110.00 plus installation...talked with C-Roc at the bbq, and he said the brace was also useful for preventing the bolts from 'working' loose/snapping over time. I'm already looking at the 'list' of stuff to get done for next april..now if that 40 hours of sleep ever shows up from back-order, I'll be okay...
And what he means by 'insight' guys, is..go with Poomba, see what breaks, or simply falls off...and fix yer stuff first :p I'm the entire Naxja Educational Channel, all by my lonesome. Had a great time, and thanks for what trails I got to do. My rig DID get to help fix another, last trail out on Poison Spider, so I'm happy. Even had the tools..but I gotta admit, surrounded by nubile mountain biker chicks, Bob White ain't the face I wanna see at 9:30 at night, knocking on the cabin door, returning a ball joint press. :cry:

poomba said:
Even had the tools..but I gotta admit, surrounded by nubile mountain biker chicks, Bob White ain't the face I wanna see at 9:30 at night, knocking on the cabin door, returning a ball joint press. :cry:
LOL

Great times were had......thanks guys! Good to see that Bob got out of there ok. That was one of the stranger breaks I have seen. Got the pictures here somewhere.................
Brett

Here you go......enjoy Bob
199090731wRvCwo_ph.jpg

hmmmm......it worked on the preview!

Last edited:
Dude!! I gotta see those!!

I think Derek should get the "tailgunner of the year" award. He ran and got the ball joints I needed and stayed on the trail, helped me fix it, and then followed me out (at about 50 mph in the dark)

poomba said:
Finally got a quote for the C-Roc steering box brace down there, Joe: $110.00 plus installation...talked with C-Roc at the bbq, and he said the brace was also useful for preventing the bolts from 'working' loose/snapping over time. I'm already looking at the 'list' of stuff to get done for next april..now if that 40 hours of sleep ever shows up from back-order, I'll be okay...
And what he means by 'insight' guys, is..go with Poomba, see what breaks, or simply falls off...and fix yer stuff first :p I'm the entire Naxja Educational Channel, all by my lonesome. Had a great time, and thanks for what trails I got to do. My rig DID get to help fix another, last trail out on Poison Spider, so I'm happy. Even had the tools..but I gotta admit, surrounded by nubile mountain biker chicks, Bob White ain't the face I wanna see at 9:30 at night, knocking on the cabin door, returning a ball joint press. :cry:
Poomba, I found a bumper sticker for you but was unable to find your rig before we left. Next time I see you I'll give it to you.
Joe :viking:

one more try.....thanks for pointing that out Kejtar
199090731wRvCwo_ph.jpg

Last edited:
bretto said:
working now?
Houston we have a problem:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /s/image21/9/7/31/199090731wRvCwo_ph.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.51 Server at community.webshots.com Port 80

To test pics you might want to use a second browser (different from your primary, so if you use IE for most things, download firefox, opera or something like that). Then into that second browser paste the picture link and you'll see what everyone else would see. If you do it in the same browser, then things might work for you but not for everyone else for one or more of many reasons (cached image, authentication issues and so on).

Last edited:
Back