• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAl from stock XJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellen

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about ready to add the main leaf to my leaf pack to fix the saggy springs. I just have some questions. The center pin is 5/16" right? What length do I need it if I am adding just another main leaf? Also, can I use just the stock U bolts even with the AAL? If not, what is the inner diameter and the size of the bolts (or whatever info I would need to have someone make me some new U bolts).

Sorry if the questions sound dumb, but I don't know that much about the susp.

Kellen

Whether you can re-use the stock u-bolts depends on their age and whether they have ever been off the truck before.
I wouldn't re-use bolts more than 5 years old, and I wouldn't re-use them more than once. In my experience U-bolts that get used over and over seem to stretch and get sloppy.

Centering pins are a standard length. You assemble the pack and then cut them down to size.

So heres the dumb question. The U bolts from a stock XJ will fit the spring pack even w/ the extra leaf??
Just don't want to start w/o everything.

Kellen

Please do not double post. This refers both to posting the same question on multiple forums and to posting the same question again if you don't get an immediate answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back