• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling the gas tank

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
Do you have to drain the gas tank before you remove it? Probably a dumb question and probably a best practice to drain it. How do you drain it? I'm finishing up sleeving the rails all the way back to the bumper and would feel better if the gas tank were further away while I weld. TIA.

(I can look all this up in my Haynes manual when I get home tonight, but I'd rather be able to jump right in to save time, hence the question here).

xj92 said:
Do you have to drain the gas tank before you remove it? Probably a dumb question and probably a best practice to drain it. How do you drain it? I'm finishing up sleeving the rails all the way back to the bumper and would feel better if the gas tank were further away while I weld. TIA.

(I can look all this up in my Haynes manual when I get home tonight, but I'd rather be able to jump right in to save time, hence the question here).

I took mine off this last weekend again, didnt drain it, and it hasent stunk up the garage. Just cap the vent lines and two hose lines if yoru worried about it. I didnt even cap mine off.

Cool, I'll just pull it right off then. Thanks.

HELL NO DONT DRAIN IT!! with gas cost's where there at, Ill pay you to ship it to me if you want to collect it :D

-Red

If I drained it I wasn't going to throw it away :D I just wish I'd ran it down a little before I ripped everything apart to lessen the weight because I believe it's 3/4 full right now.

Back