• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so today i got the intake from steve at XJ-armor and all i have to say is DAMN! The installation was a pain, but the reward is great. The sound is stock till about 2700, and and once above that it sounds like a 4.0 should!! Now, I'm really starting to think about full headers, cat, tubes and muffler for my baby. Its great. Although it looks like i may give her up in 6 months :(

hmm, ok so after about 100 miles with it, the check engine light is on. I think its because of the intake tube not fitting perfectly with the new intake. Another question is who can read the computers messages? I know when i see "check engine" there is something amiss with it, and i really dont want a dealer to charge me a ton to tell me its the intake.

thanks

Dump the old plastic tube clamps.

Go to your local hardware store and get two stainless steel worm-gear style hose clamps (of the appropriate size .... 3 inch I think) to replace the plastic OEM ones (one for each end of the rubber intake hose).

I did this when I installed my intake tube and the fit is much better. The plastic clamps just don't seem to provide enough pressure for a good seal. It'll cost you about $4.

I'd be supprised if the error code is caused by the intake .... but who knows ?!?!

icon7.gif

spazegun2213 said:
hmm, ok so after about 100 miles with it, the check engine light is on. I think its because of the intake tube not fitting perfectly with the new intake. Another question is who can read the computers messages? I know when i see "check engine" there is something amiss with it, and i really dont want a dealer to charge me a ton to tell me its the intake.

thanks

I've heard of the oil on the K&N type filters coating the wire that senses the air flow on some injections systems (Ford, but others may apply) causing problems. In the story I heard, they person had to much oil sprayed on the filter.
Tom

XJ armors intake. It seems to be the only one that fit with a TBS. I'll try to post a pic when i can, but the hose that leads to the valve cover (i think its that) from the airbox. The flexible tubing is now kinked a little, what will this do? i think this may be my hiddne computer culpret.

thanks

Back