• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee overhead console in an XJ

CherokeeGold

NAXJA Forum User
I have been talking with a guy that claims a 96-98 long overhead console from a Grand Cherokee will fit (and wire up properly) to a 97+ XJ. Has anyone tried this or is he just full of BS?

Thanks!

As far as the computer is conserned I'm not shure but the console is made a little different the zj. It has one screw in the front center for attachment, and the xj's use two at the visor clips. I know that 93-95 Crysler mini vans used the one that has two screws, but then you will have the two switches for the back windows. They might be easly interchanged with the panel that omits them. I can't remember what the van one looks like on the inside.

In other words, the Dodge Caravan console is a direct fit to the later Jeep XJ, unless you want the computer and display to be fully functional, in which case a lot of work is required...

Back