• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weight in the rear

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so i put my 4.5" RE springs in, and only got 4" of lift. not too bad, but everyone said to expect 5 to 5.5 from them. This is probablt because i have about 200 lbs of tools in the back. im wondering if there is anything that i can do (short of shackle) that will hold them up more...
i bought the leaves used (only had 4 trail runs on them)
i took the tools out and it sits true at around 4 3/4" above stock (using 17" from flare to hub center)

just wondering if there is aything i can do to make the rear sit level with the front with my tools in.
92 4.0 d30/35 RE 4.5" lift AX-15 231 235/75r15 BFG AT

good times!

maybe add another leaf to the pack for a little more hight. I am sure someone can tell you what to use as a donor leaf, maybe one from the stock pack. Just a thought!

How much lower does the rear sit than the front?

karstic said:
How much lower does the rear sit than the front?
rear sits about 1" lower than front (i have 3.5" coils and 1.75" spacers up front that sit true spacers added to level out back based on what everyone had said - 5 to 5.5" on 4.5" RE leaves...)

Well, I had pictures on my website, but I changed services.

Anyway, my RE 4.5" gave me about 5" of lift at the begining, but like yours after they broke in, they sellted to 4.5 or 4" when loaded. I have the extended shackles and a 1" welded block on top of my perch. If I need to add more lift, I'll box in my rear spring mount and relocate the rear spring mounting point. Then i'll dial in my shackle angle to give me the lift and ride I'm looking for. Until then, I'm still dealing with a slightly sagging rear end.

Is this the RE 4.5" kit? That kit has 3.5" leaves or are they the 4.5" leaves that come with the 5.5" XD kit? I just wanna make sure I'm not confused here.

I had the same problem with all the weight in the back as well. I added some load leveling air springs to the rear. this works great for me. hook them up to my arb compressor. now when my jeep is loaded I can turn a valve and level off the jeep. easy and inexpensive to install

i have 3.5" coils, 4.5" leafs, 1.75" spacers, RR ajustable trackbar, RC fixed LCA's for 4.5" lift, Pro-Comp Shocks

stock shackles and UCA's
bought the composition lift from a NAXJA guy...

Back