• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting Problems?

jeeper2000

NAXJA Forum User
I have never had any problems with my jeep and it has 109000 miles. Tonight I had been out driving for my work and stopped somewhere for about 10 minutes. When I came out and tried to start it up it would just click once and do nothing. I had plenty of juice in the battery. It's a standard so we push started it and it started and ran fine. I got home and turned it off and went inside for a while. When I went out to pull it in the garage it started fine. Any ideas what is happening? It has the 4.0L. Thanks

What do you mean "a heat soaked starter"?

Never mind. I just did some investigating into "heat soaking". This could possibly be the problem. I also was thinking it could be the ignition or a bad connection somewhere. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
So what the hell is a "Heat Soaked" starter?
I know that mine gets filled with mud and i have to hit it with a hammer to get it to start. Is that actually heat doing it not mud?

Back