• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires for 16" wheels - 01 XJ - Need Help!

bgraves

NAXJA Forum User
Need new tires for my 01 XJ with Up-Country and 16" wheels. Looking at either 245/70/16's or 255/70/16's or possibly 245/75/16's although I think those will be too tall. Anyone running any of these sizes? Looking for coments/suggestions... Gracias

Also, thinkin about putin in some poly spacers and shackles as well to give me some more clearance and a tad more lift, just want another 3/4-1", nothing huge. Any suggestion would be appreciated, and if anyone knows the part number of the Chevy truck shackle that is supposed to provide 3/4" lift, please respond. Thanks!

You didnt say much about your XJ or your intended use?Other than that my first lift was 3" w/ 30x9.5's(thats about your 245/70/16) and I had some minor rubbing on the plastic bumper return,some quick trimming took care of that.

Back