• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking of buying a built 8.8. It has disc's and has been in an xj for 4k. What else might i expect in swapping my 8.25 out for this set-up? just looking for some of the wise-men's help on this one not sure about driveshafts and or any upgrades in the break system.

If it's been in an XJ already then most of the gremlins should have been worked out. Just make sure you get the brakeline the previous owner was using, and find out what rear u-joint they were using to make sure it's compatible with yours...there's probably more I can't think of right now

Since itwas already under an XJ, the brakelines will be the hardest part of the swap. What was the previous owner using for brakelines? Also, make sure to grab the flange adaptor. You'll need it to adapt your driveshaft to the 8.8.

The 8.8 is a great swap. Mark Williams makes a kit that turns it into a monster. 35 spline shafts and a spool. Baddass kit. Couple guy around here have em under there TJ's and are running 38.5 SX. No problems.

Im the one selling my 8.8 (only cause im goin FW) and i just wanted to see if i could help out in this discussion any. I dont think ill need the flange for my new axle (d60), right? i cant remember the yoke design right now. and as for brake lines, i was gonna include the hard and soft lines on the axle, and the distribution block. I'll need to keep my SS ext line. does that sound right to yall?
-Bennett

How much are you asking for the axle? I alreaty have a F8.8 but thinking of getting rid of mine for something bigger:)

AARON

Back