• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes intermediate pipe for XJ?

turbobaja1835

NAXJA Member #1299
I am looking for an aftermarket preferably stainless intermediate pipe to match up with my Banks Header and Gibson cat back exhaust. I am talking about the pipe from the header to the hanger where the pipe connects into the cat. Anyone know who makes them and how much? I know Banks doesn't make one for an XJ.

Thanks< Joe

the Borla header comes with that "intermediate" S pipe, between the header and cat

2 problems with the one i just installed:

1) the one end was too small for the flange i had on the new carsound cat, so i had to have it welded up

2) the hanger just above that end was the wrong size/didnt fit the stock hanger bracket, and had to have THAT fabbed up as well....

3) actually the THIRD problem was that (yes, i found this out from searching on here before i did the install) is that the bottom of the header pipe gets hit by the front driveshaft, and i had to have THAT corrected too

CaptTrev

CaptTrev said:
3) actually the THIRD problem was that (yes, i found this out from searching on here before i did the install) is that the bottom of the header pipe gets hit by the front driveshaft, and i had to have THAT corrected too

CaptTrev

i've got that problem too... what did you do to correct it? cut and weld? so far i've taken a grinder to the flange but it still appears to be hitting at times.

i had the welding work done at www.kookscustomheaders.com

they are only like 15 min away from me, and a friend of mine got a a lot of work done by them--all top notch

anyway

im not sure exactly how they corrected the front driveshaft clearance issue--- i think they heated up the bottom of the header pipe, and beat/forced/pryed the thing over a bit

when the guy first looked at it, he mentioned taking the whole damn thing off (AHHH!!! :wow: ) to fix it

and i begged him to try something else, being that it took me the better part of a day to get the damn thing ON.

its been working well on-road, but i havent pulled the discos and flexed off-roaded yet (this was just last week that i had this done)

ill let u know how it goes

i searched and searched on here about this exact problem and how anyone got it fixed, and i didnt find any real solutions. . .

capttrev

Back