• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxed out front diveshaft at 8"....?????

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have to replace theirs at all. Mine is 01' with LP D30 front.....
Help. Thankss :doh:

i was going to lengthen mine cause its maxed out but then i realized it will be about right for the hp44. why dont you try swapping in a HP 30 and use your LP driveshaft. i dunno, maybe that will work

I have around 8 inches in the front, with alot of drop and up travel and the stock shatf works fine. It is a HP, which I guess is the difference in yours. I don't know if this helps any, just trying to help.

not tryin to hyjack any thing but how much travel is in a stock front drive shaft?

Liam

When I got to 8" my stock shaft was too short... couldnt even get it to touch the yoke. Just take it in and get it lengthened... Cost me about $90 bucks to get it done. Now I have plenty of travel in both directions. Its not really a big deal...just gotta get it lengthened. Undoing the transfer case end of the shaft is REALLY easy too! Just four bolts, I believe they were 9/32's...that might be the strap bolts. you can get it off in under 2 minutes if youre quick with a wrench.

BTW.. I have a 2000 with a LP D30

Back