• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheney or Edwards...?

Who will in tonights debate?

• Cheney (Mr. Experience)

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Edwards (The Trial Lawyer)

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Economos said:
I voted Edwards cause I know the rest of the BB will vote Cheney.
Well, there's an incredibly brilliant way to come up with a decision... :looser: Actually it sounds exactly like so many "Anybody But Bush" lemmings...no real idea what Kerry is all about, but they'll vote for him just because he's not George Bush? What a waste...

Who will win? Or be touted by the Media as winning. The way I see it, Edwards is a shoe in. Keep in mind that the slimey little bastard has made his fortune spewing lies, back stabbing and whoring himself with no regard for the well being of this nation. Sorry for being so understated with the truth. No expletives on the forum, and all that. :nono:

Yucca-Man said:
Well, there's an incredibly brilliant way to come up with a decision... :looser: Actually it sounds exactly like so many "Anybody But Bush" lemmings...no real idea what Kerry is all about, but they'll vote for him just because he's not George Bush? What a waste...

Not at all, I voted for Edwards because its all to easy for everybody else to do the "cool" thing and vote for Cheney.

Bush is not going to get my vote; but Kerry is not going to get my vote on the "anybody but Bush" premise. My vote is not a waste pal; infact you go and vote for Bush, my vote will cancel yours out. :greensmok

Since I just saw it, I'd call it a draw since I don't think either of them changed anyone's mind about anything. If I had to pick a "winner" of the debate, I'd say the scales are tilted slightly towards Cheney based on his strong arguments and rebuttals while remaining calm during the first half speaking mostly of foreign policy. Edwards was definitely holding his own and I think if he didn't have to constantly defend Kerry's flip flopping, he would have won this debate easily. A master deliberator he is.

Economos said:
Not at all, I voted for Edwards because its all to easy for everybody else to do the "cool" thing and vote for Cheney.
Actually, you've got that backwards; but then again you seem to be a Kerry fan so we understand. The "cool" thing to do is vote for Kerry/ABB...the reasoned, thought-out thing to do is vote for Bush. He has done the job for four years and done it better than Kerry supporters would like to admit, has not f***ed up the military like Clinton did in eight years of inaction, and realizes that the United States is a sovereign nation, subject to itself and not some half-assed group of thieves. Kerry on the other hand dismisses the coalition in Iraq as "puppets" while saying he would make a coalition after getting "global approval." I'm not sure who he would make that coalition from; would it be the countries he has already dismissed as puppets? Unlike President Bush who has a long record as President and Texas Governor, we aren't really sure what John Kerry has accomplished during 20+ years in the Senate. I don't know of any "Kerry Act" bills...as a matter of fact I don't believe he has sponsored ANY major legislation during that time and can't get any Kerry supporters to actually find any either. How long do you have to be a Senator before you can take action? Even Hillary Clinton is making a name for herself...but then again it appears she is actually showing up for votes and for meetings in the various committees she is a member of. The Johns can't say that.

There are other options of course, but in reality all Nader is going to do is muddle things up more than they are already.

I'd like to see the media keep their yaps shut until all polls aer closed; that way they don't change voter outcome based on their often-error prone exit polls. There is anecdotal evidence that the Florida vote in 2004 was 'contaminated' by the press' early predictions. I have heard stories that it caused the predominantly Republican Panhandle counties (on Central Time) to either stay home or come out in droves, depending who you ask.

Yucca-Man said:
There are other options of course, but in reality all Nader is going to do is muddle things up more than they are already.

I'd like to see the media keep their yaps shut until all polls are closed; that way they don't change voter outcome based on their often-error prone exit polls.

See Yucca, we can agree... twice as a matter of fact. ;) :greensmok

Economos said:

Bush is not going to get my vote; but Kerry is not going to get my vote on the "anybody but Bush" premise. My vote is not a waste pal; infact you go and vote for Bush, my vote will cancel yours out. :greensmok
Canceling out votes is the whole point....

But not really since the electoral college decides anyways :D

Edwards, sheesh, just what we need, the most successful ambulance chaser in the second seat at the white house. He's NOT a trial lawyer, he made all his money sueing doctors and hospitals.. his type is part of the problem....

So a little girl gets dis-embowled by a f**king pool drain is permanently hadicapped for the rest of her life; twelve other cases were reported in either the same mannar or death. That's ambulance chasing? Guess you'd feel different about it if it was your family member... I'd hope.

BTW, the problem could have been easily fixed with a cheap screw for a few pennies.

Some ambulance chaser.

You got to be kidding me, Edwards brings up one case where he did something good and my heart is supposed to bleed? I'm supposed to buy that his career as a lawyer and in the Senate actual helped this country? You better try harder than that. Like his running mate Edwards is a walking, talking contradiction. He had the sack to talk about tax loopholes last night when he himself is notorious for taking advantage of them.

Edwards tax loophole.

Kerry and Edwards are fine examples of what is wrong with this country. How they ever got into a Presidential race I'll never understand. Thier entire platform has become designed to divide the country and scare old people, minorities, and college-age people into voting for them.

Kerry/Edwards, give me a break.

yeah, but for every justified case, there's probably 10 frivolous suits. Check out the Stella Awards. I remember one with a woman who sued an entire cell phone retailer chain because one disgruntled employee used a nickname for her town on the bill. Instead of Cruikdanche or something, he called it Crimedanche. The town earned the name with its high crime rates and none of the other customers who lived there had a problem. I don't want to get off-topic but a lot of cases are stupid. I personally wouldn't trust a personal injury lawyer to have a say in our nation's politics. Too many crooked ones.

Back on topic:
Economos said:
Bush is not going to get my vote; but Kerry is not going to get my vote on the "anybody but Bush" premise
What basis is Kerry getting your vote on? Don't say because Bush attacked Iraq to get rich because that's one of most ridiculous things ever typed. Don't say Bush lied about WMDs because Kerry and Edwards both agreed and believed Saddam had them. Come up with something that is your own thought and not some regurgitated crap from all the far left liberal blogs and anti-Bush sites

Carpenter said:
You got to be kidding me, Edwards brings up one case where he did something good and my heart is supposed to bleed? I'm supposed to buy that his career as a lawyer and in the Senate actual helped this country? You better try harder than that. Like his running mate Edwards is a walking, talking contradiction. He had the sack to talk about tax loopholes last night when he himself is notorious for taking advantage of them.

I don't care who buys what; thats the beauty of this country. You'll vote Bush cause you feel he is the man for job and I'll vote Kerry cause I feel he's got what it takes. It makes no difference to me really.

What basis is Kerry getting your vote on? Don't say because Bush attacked Iraq to get rich because that's one of most ridiculous things ever typed. Don't say Bush lied about WMDs because Kerry and Edwards both agreed and believed Saddam had them. Come up with something that is your own thought and not some regurgitated crap from all the far left liberal blogs and anti-Bush sites

US has no major allies in Iraq. Tony Blair might not be re-elected and Bush consideres POLAND to be a major allie? Our country has been alienated by the war in Iraq; nobody wants to pitch in because of the way Bush decided to go about fighting the war. Was Saddam a thread? yes. Is the world better off without him? yes. But was the plan a good plan? NO. Have WMDs been found in Iraq? NO. That is why there are still US soldiers comming home in body bags over a year after the war was claimed a vicory. Just cause Baghdad fell doesn't mean the war has been won. We haven't won anything till a new Iraqi government successfully supports and defends itself. And that aint gonna happen for a while to come.

Who pays and who actually suffers, when a lawyer wins a negligence lawsuit. The company goes out of business, people loose there jobs. Price of the product goes up, to mostly pay for the lawyers. Used to be Underwritters Lab. and others, took care of product flaws, now the lawyers do it, for money. Lawyers have taken the power to regulate, away from the regulatory agencies. And a possibly much larger probleme, is litigation often takes longer than regulation, to deal with flawed products or corporate irresponsibility.
$40 billion, lawsuit against he tobacco companies, do you really beleive the smokers will ever see a cent for nicotine addiction treatment or help with health insurance. The government and the lawyers will gobble up the prize pretty quick.
Edwards developed a serious stutter, a few times, think Chenny got under his skin.

Clinton said Saddam was a threat, had WMDs, and needed to be disarmed. Kerry has said it many times, so has Edwards, Albright, Gore, and Ted Kennedy all said it too. You can't say Iraq was a bad idea at the time when the whole world said Sadaam needed to be dealt with and dealt with right away. Hindsight is 20/20 but that doesn't mean Kerry has a better vision. Kerry also won't be able to bring Germany or France into Iraq, that's fact. We might even loose allies in Iraq if Kerry keeps insulting the allies we now have.

Kerry's proposed plans and strategies might sound and make you feel good but they are empty promises propped up with smoke and mirrors. Kerry can't deliever on the things he promises.

When Sadam was shooting at our planes in the no fly zone, the Democrates were demanding Bush do something. The sanctions were falling apart, mostly due to the greed of France, Germany and Russia. The oil for food (and medicine) program was being robbed blind by Saddam and the UN. There was a lot of smoke (and belligerant rhetoric) about WMD. A German about three miles from my house, got busted ( a very small artical in a local newspaper) for trying to export plutonium to Seria (bound for Iraq). Sometimes things are such a mess, war and regime change, is probably the only long term solution.
Kerry tries playing nicey nice with the Europeans, he is gonna get eaten alive.
Edwards talking about, to few troops in Iraq, at the end of the conflict, to control looting. Turkey refussed entry to most of 2 divisions, right in the middle of the build up, supposed to put the war on hold, while the logistics and personnel for the divisions got turned around and redeployed?
Want somebody to blame, blame the Germans, the French the Turks and others. That had an interest in a future with Sadam.
Really believe that a new beginning with Kerry, is gonna improve our position in Europe or the middle east. Fat chance. I beleive a strong, healthy focused America is the best thing for a stable Europe. Seems history tells us, a strong nationalistic Europe has repeatedly imploded. Don´t think Kerry´s plan to empower Europe, is gonna add to stability.

No WMDs found, well that means the CIA, Bush, Kerry, Edwards, Gore, both Clintons, and them were all wrong. Don't pin WMDs on just Bush, many said that he had them and needed to be stopped. Besides, I'd rather take a chance and go attack a hostile nation who may have WMDs and find out they didn't have them than say well we don't know and find out, the hard way, that they did have them. If Saddam had WMDs and Bush did what everyone says he should've and sat around and talked to the UN and then one day a hardline Muslim fanatic (not all Muslims are bad, that's why I said hardline and fanatic) shows up in LA or NYC or DC with a dirty bomb strapped to his waist and blows himself up or someone releases anthrax into a crowded area, everyone would've screamed for Bush's head on a pike for not doing anything beforehand.

Back