• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-Rok steering plate install with aftermarket bumper plate obstruction

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having trouble getting my outer C-Rok plate on with my aftermarket bumper. My bro has a Daystar Pre-Runner bumper with a thick plate that use the 3 bumper holes and the upper front most steering box bolt hole. Have any of you guys modified the C-Rok plate to work with obstuctions like the mounting of aftermarket bumpers? I have a Olympic bumper plate that is welded to the subframe. How will huge washers work on the outside and then a C-Rok inner plate to get rid of the cheap aluminum spacer triangle that comes stock?

I have a C-rok inner/outer installed on my jeep and a C4x4 bumper over that.
What i did was install the C-rok against the "frame" then install the bumper mounting bracket over top of it, then i made some spacers out of some scrap metal to fill the gap in between the bumper mounting bracket and the bumper. The C-rok install write-up on Jeepin.com does the same thing, check that out for reference.

If his mounts are rigidly welded, which I think the Daystar's are, it won't work like the C4x4 application.
Sent a PM too.....

Have you tried just using the heavy hammer to widen the bumper mounts? That works 'almost' every time.

you can use the crok plate with the help of a big hammer. you could use some big washers on the outside but its not advised, the best thing is to get an outer plate that ties in on 2 planes(side and the bottom of the unibody)

When I put my crok plate on with my custom 4x4 bumper, I didnt have to use spacers on the mounts???? :confused:

Sorry for teh thread hijack...:D

Back