• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

death wobble

robsxj

NAXJA Forum User
6 inch lift or so no arms are they definetly my prob or could it be something else. If this is my problem I would like suggestions to fab my own long arms or adjustable arms.

I'm not even sure what you're saying. You have a 6" lift with stock arms? If so, you definitely need longer arms...your LCAs should be approx 17" (1.25" longer than stock) with UCAs of about 15.5" (0.5" over stock).

Yucca-Man said:
I'm not even sure what you're saying. You have a 6" lift with stock arms? If so, you definitely need longer arms...your LCAs should be approx 17" (1.25" longer than stock) with UCAs of about 15.5" (0.5" over stock).

I agree. I have 6" of lift in my 99 and even with just the LCA's I had the death wobble. I have since installed a new track bar and UCA's and there's no more death wobble.

robsxj said:
Thank you for the info. Is their any one with plans or ideas for building my own arms more fun and cheaper.

you could, but if something goes wrong, AND I MEAN WRONG...at least when you buy them from a well known company you have someone to bitch at. Not someone Bitching at YOU.

Cheap price to pay when you get down to it. Considering they have ALOT of experience...

Isn't fabbing stuff part of the reason we all have spent countless hours in the garage besides it is a great coversation around a camp fire

Pondered the same question myself (fabbing my own arms). For what it's worth, unless you are an experienced metal fabricator it will most likely be cheaper, and almost certainly SAFER to buy some quality aftermarket arms. Just my opinion and I don't know you, but if you are asking for plans for something like a CA assembly.....I'd buy before I built critical suspension components.

Back