• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey Jes, you building a front 44?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I was researching some tech and see the last few pics in your foto page show a front HP 44 getting cut down. Just wondering if that is a project for your rig? Jeff

Yep. '73 HP D44 shortened to use '80-83 Wagoneer inners.
picture.JPG

It's going to get an OX locker, 5.13s, hi steer, WARNs or Superiors, and OX joints. Still gotta get the axle shafts, knuckles, hubs, brakes, and hi steer arms. Have just about everything else right now though.

Jes said:
It's going to get an OX locker, 5.13s, hi steer, WARNs or Superiors, and OX joints. Still gotta get the axle shafts, knuckles, hubs, brakes, and hi steer arms

:puke:

:D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:

:D

hinkley

I don't know what I was thinking because all that stuff has been proven that it doesn't work. :D

BrettM said:
what are you gonna do for links?

I'm gonna make ones that won't bend. ;)

BajaXJ92 said:
5.13s? Are 35s a prospect?

Yep, because my current 4.56s won't be low enough.

Looks good, keep us posted!

What are you doing for brackets?

Gonna try the OX joints to be different? or what? Have you heard about Longfield's new 300M joints? Check 'em out if you haven't.

Ary

Mark Hinkley said:
He's going to use some off a ugo!

hinkley

Figures.

Damn kommifornians...:D :wave: :laugh3:

Safari Ary said:
Gonna try the OX joints to be different? or what? Have you heard about Longfield's new 300M joints? Check 'em out if you haven't.

Ary

I went with the OX joints because they were cheap(comparatively).

Mark Hinkley said:
He's going to use some off a ugo!

Mark, stop giving away my secrets!

Jes said:
Yep. '73 HP D44 shortened to use '80-83 Wagoneer inners.
picture.JPG

It's going to get an OX locker, 5.13s, hi steer, WARNs or Superiors, and OX joints. Still gotta get the axle shafts, knuckles, hubs, brakes, and hi steer arms. Have just about everything else right now though.

Very nice... Thinking about doing this myself... Given the different widths for HP44's, how did you determine how much to narrow?

l

Jes said:
I went with the OX joints because they were cheap(comparatively).

Have you seen the breakages that have already occured? Not trying to hasta just curious, 'cause the "regular" longfield joints are only $80 and you know Matt broke a warn shaft with one and it looked unscathed.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Very nice... Thinking about doing this myself... Given the different widths for HP44's, how did you determine how much to narrow?

Find out the length of the inner axle shafts you want to run and subtract that measurement from the length of the stock inner axle shafts that are in the housing you want to narrow.

Safari Ary said:
Have you seen the breakages that have already occured? Not trying to hasta just curious, 'cause the "regular" longfield joints are only $80 and you know Matt broke a warn shaft with one and it looked unscathed.

Did you read that on the internet somewhere?

To make it easy to find inners, you can always source out Waggy inners and go from there; plenty of spares for that application.

Jes said:
Did you read that on the internet somewhere?

Yes, on Pirate, had pretty pictures with it too. Anyway, was just playing devil's advocate.

Ary

Back