• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finishing car alarm install

kellen

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone give me an idea of how to wire up the interior lights to an alarm. I found the 2 black wires that come from the door pin then go to connector and then go out to 3 wires. I know I have to use a relay, but which wire do I tap into?

Also the location and color of the wire for the horn. Someone told me it is black and then turns to orange. Couldn't find anything under the dash.

Finally how to splice into the headlights. I assume its one of the wires from the knob you pull. Any ideas which one?

All above relates to a 89 jeep cherokee laredo.

Thanks,

Kellen

i'm currently workin on an install of Viper 790 alarm in a '90 laredo.......

my alarm didn't need a relay to work the dome lights...it just needed one wire connected with the power to the door switch and another wire connected with the ground from the door switch....i don't remember right off which existing wire was which tho....

for the head lights i suggest using the blinkers instead...they use less battery power...i spliced into them up front under the air box in the wire harness....

dunno what to tell you on horn, my alarm had it's own horn/speaker thingy....i've got an '89 FSM for my other jeep....i'll try and remember to look it up next time i get the chance (not home right now...)....but you could probably just go up front to the horn and spice into the wiring up at it, as opposed to searching for it in the mess of harnesses under the dash....

Back