• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone seen flex in D30 outers?

myjeepsbigger

NAXJA Forum User
Friend comes into work today to tell that the XJ that we thought had ball joint problems actually has a flex in the outer "C" of the axle. It's a disco D30 on an 86 XJ with 4.5" lift, 15x10 wheels(3.75 b/s). Anyone ever seen this? The vehicle belongs to a mutal friend of ours, and the guy that was looking at it is double-master ASE certified, so it's not like he's Joe-Shadetree.

Just curious....

Edit: Thought my description may be a little vague. He claims he is actually watching the knuckle flex in and out to the point that it touched the spring. He says it is not flexing at the weld, and there is no ball joint or wheel bearing play....swears it's actually the knuckle flexing in and out.

Last edited:
thats crazy

the guy that was looking at it is double-master ASE certified
But he *COULD* still be smoking dope, right...? J?K - it's just that that scenerio is awefully hard to imagine unless stuff is broken...

ASE = Ask Somebody Else ;)

An ASE certified friend of mine told me that ;)

Back