• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A question about Rusty's XJ performance package

BuddhaBudz

NAXJA Forum User
I was searching through the performance products on Rusty's website and came across a special that includes a Flowmaster Exhaust, Rusty's Airtube & Throttle Body Spacer, K&N Airfilter (4.5"x5") and K&N Cleaning Kit for 255$.

Has anyone here purchased this package from Rusty's before? Is it worth it? I already have a JET performance module and generic free-fllow airfilter installed and I am curious if this package will give me any significant and noticable gains.

Bryan

Get Rusty's exhaust, high-flow cat, and TB spacer. These should net you ~10hp so that won't be a bad start.
Then you can think about getting a header and replacing the restrictive front downpipe.

Only slightly. Part-throttle response was improved but it did almost nothing at WOT. I can think of better ways to spend $300 than on the JET chip.

Dr. Dyno said:
Get Rusty's exhaust, high-flow cat, and TB spacer. These should net you ~10hp so that won't be a bad start.
Then you can think about getting a header and replacing the restrictive front downpipe.

I put the Rusty's package on mine... woke it up pretty good, and it sounds rumbly but mellow.

Is there anywhere to get a mandrel bent front downpipe without buying a header? Or do I need my buddy to make about 50 at his shop and peddle them here?

I bought a Rusty's air tube, and ran out of space after I installed it. I took the air tube out and used a muffler adapter, which fit better and wound up being cheaper ($3 Cdn). Bought the 9" K&N seperately, although a Powerstack would be a better buy. Can't find one here.

bob-n said:
I put the Rusty's package on mine... woke it up pretty good, and it sounds rumbly but mellow.

Is there anywhere to get a mandrel bent front downpipe without buying a header? Or do I need my buddy to make about 50 at his shop and peddle them here?

Did you install the entire package yourself, or did you take it to a mechanic? I am curious as to how labor intensive and time consuming the installation of Rusty's performance package is.

Bryan

BuddhaBudz said:
Did you install the entire package yourself, or did you take it to a mechanic? I am curious as to how labor intensive and time consuming the installation of Rusty's performance package is.

Bryan

Was very easy. Replaced the airbox and filter (3 or 4 bolts) and the exhaust was no problem for me. All the junk fit right up there. I bet it all took an hour and a half or two... maybe a little more, but not much. No special tools, unless your exhaust is beyond help, then maybe a torch.

Last edited:
Back