• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road Outfitters

RedBluff

NAXJA Forum User
Pros and Cons?
I'd like to buy some stuff from them and was wondering if you all could shed some light on the company?

I'd like to buy the budget boost, the shock adapters amd maybe a trac bar.

Thank You,
Gerry AKA Red Bluff Boy

I got bushwackers from em, they were pretty good about staying in contact with me when my item went on back order... I would buy from em again.
chris

i bought their coil spacer and trackbar, good stuff, though they never caled me and they are busy... be prepared for about a 10 minute wait on hold when you call in... good product

delivery took 1.5 weeks from order time on my order, but only because i called and told them that i needed to put the pieces on in by the end of the weekend... (they moved my packing list up in the pile for me)

a friend of mine just got his engine swap kit for the Suzuki Samurai / Geo Tracker engine swap, and it took 4 weeks for delievery...

call and talk to them, i have a feeling that had i :callme: instead of ordering online, it would have processed faster...

I bought their budget boost for my wife's XJ.Had no problems at all-recieved the parts in 4 or 5 days if I remember right.Hope this helps.
Jeff

i got the 2 door bushwackers and everthing went smooth...later i bought there rocker guards...just during opening box the f/ing paint would just pull off at ever bump...after the install they looked like crap..i even had a towel under them trying to protect em...****ed me off real good...i called them monday morning told the little child who answered the phone my problem he said hold on...and damn did he ever mean hold on...try 28 min i timed it....the kid came back and said the person i needed to talk to was busy...well crap..i left a number..he was to call later that day...nothing...i called tuesday morning..guess what??the same kid...and the same response..this time 15min on hold...he is busy well call you later...f me...iam ****ed now....no call back...i waited until friday with still no call back...so i called friday morning...new person on phone this time...i told them what all has happen and i felt like i was getting the run around...he said "no problem i well get the person you need to talk with"...yeah thats right!!f me!!...28 min later that bastard kid came back on and said the "PERSON" is busy and well call later that friday..that was about 5 months ago...iam still sitting her waiting for the phone to ring...and waiting ..waiting...oh hold on...no still waiting...so beware...make sure you work the bugs out before they get your hard back breaking cash into there account....||charles||

The last time I ordered from them was about 2 years ago, I bought my ARB bumper from them, as well as the IPF headlights and Magic J bulbs, the Lights got to me very quickly, and when I was ordering the bumper I wanted to know what size lights I could mount on the bumper, and the guy on the phone went over to a jeep he had there and even got me some measurements. The only issue I had with them is that I wanted my bumper shipped to my work, a commercial address, so I could unload the thing with the fork truck and install it, and I thought I had it all worked out with the guy on the phone but, I dunno if it was them or the lame shipping company, the bumper was dropped off at the nearest trucking terminal, which isnt really very close, and the buttholes at the shipping place just pushed the bumper in its HUGE box outside and left me to try and load it onto the roof by myself, I managed to get it up there, but it just would have been a whole lot easier if it has just been shipped to where we had agreed on the phone, but that was 2 years ago.

i ordered a bb, lock right, and rock rails from them. were good quality and pretty timely about gettign them to me, and their customer service is good, but do be prepared to wait a while on hold. only had one problem and that was that one of the shackles they sent me one of hte holes was to small for hte bolt, and at 2 am it is hard to find a parts store that carries a big enough bit. i would still order from them again and probably will when i go to get a rear locker.

I've only ordered once from RRO. From what I remember I was not overly impressed with their service. Two of the items I had ordered were on backorder, and I did not find out until after the box came with my other 3 items and nothing else. I called and they told me "oh those are on backorder".

*Note to business people everywhere* If you have an item on backorder, call the customer, let them know what is going. They might not want to sit and wait 2 months while you source the parts. Don't just ship what you have with a letter saying we'll get the rest to you when we get it to you.

-Scott

Hey, I am going to order OME springs from them and Bushwhackers. I'll let you know my progress. Should be happening in the next week or so.

being Local here in Utah and having met the guys that run it..I would beware before you buy. Their customer service sucks...big time.
I wanted some of their rock rails but after trying for a month to get ahold of them I gave up.

PapaPump said:
Hey, I am going to order OME springs from them and Bushwhackers. I'll let you know my progress. Should be happening in the next week or so.

DPG Offroad will make you much happier.
I have bought a lot of stuff from RRO, and their customer service is the worst thing I have ever experienced.
Also, their in-house parts leave something to be disired.
I like their rock-rails, but only after some 'modifications'.
Their new BPEs are cobbled together peices that need to be ground in several places to fit shocks and the mount points in an XJ, and then 'convinced' with a vise or hammer to hold the shock properly.
The rear shackles I ordered had offset leaf bolt holes, and had to be 'altered' to receive the bolt.
Again, I would rather pleasure myself with a cheese-grater than deal with any of the idiot kids who answer the phone there.
Thats about it.
HTH.

Customer service should be getting better. A member of NAXJA has started working the phones there.

i have gotten locker rails and lift from them and have had good experiences everytime. very friendly helpful customer service.

Thanks again. It's much appreciated.

As it turns out I ended up ordered my shims, BPE's, extended front brake lines and shock adapters from Rusty's. I'll be installing all that plus an RE 3.5 Superflex after Christmas.

Last edited:
Both times I've ordered from RR, (Ebay and direct) delivery took several weeks, and I had to call them to get the ball moving.
I think I'll spend my money with people that are more customer-oriented... :gag:

RedBluffBoy said:
Thanks again. It's much appreciated.

As it turns out I ended up ordered my shims, BPE's, extended front brake lines and shock adapters from Rusty's. I'll be installing all that plus an RE 3.5 Superflex after Christmas.

So, we tell you the problems with RRO, tell you who you would be better off ordering from, and you take all that wonderful advice and make a call to........RUSTY?
:looser:

Back