• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What PSI for 35x12.50x15 on a 15x7 rim.

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
What PSI for 35x12.50x15 on a 15x8 rim.

On and off road. Just curious. Im goin on a long trip later today and my tread isnt wearing even as it is now so Im looking for a starting point to figure it out.
Thankx.

Last edited:
for on-road, draw a line of chalk on the tire, fill the tire to 35 psi, drive a mile. if there is still chalk on the outer lugs let a few PSI out. repeat until it wears the chalk off the whole width of the tire.

offroad, I would do 9psi at the lowest. I've yet to lose a bead on sierra rocks with 11psi in my 35"mtrs, but on 10 inch wheels.

I wouldnt run that low tire pressure on a 15x7.

A 7 inch rim is a bit narrow for that tire. An 8 would be better. In order to keep it from wearing off just the center, I run about 26psi on the road. I run 12-14 on the trail. With a tire that big, you have a bigger contact patch with the road. Given the same weight vehicle, but a bigger contact patch, the pressure doesn't have to be as high. If you run the pressure too high, the edges just don't have enough contact with the road and the centers wear out first.

its a 15x8. I ran them at 29 and i think they could go a few PSI less. I will just have to play with it. Its always nice getting the easy way out of things isnt it.

I've been running 35 and 30 front and rear respectively on my 35x12.50 BFG MT KMs for about 6k miles now and have had absolutely perfect wear. Nice and even, no cupping, etc.

Ary

P.S. That's on 15x8's

Back