• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention to Orders.....

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
The Secretary of the Army has reposed special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and professional excellence of:

GI-John

In view of these qualities, his demonstrated leadership potential, and dedicated service to the United States Army, he is therefore promoted from : Staff Sergeant to Sergeant First Class in the MOS 19K44

Effective 1 Oct 2004, Date of Rank 1 Oct 2004

party1: party1: party1: party1: party1: :clap: :clap:

It took almost 15 months from selection to promotion, but I'm there...

Had to tell someone....

Sweet. Congrats!

:clap:

Weee. Is that a grunt? or??
Congrats anyhow. Good going.

19K- M1 Armor Crewman
4- Skill Level 4 (E-7)
4- Non Career Recruiter

Thanks...

Good Job John!!! Proud of ya man ... :us:

Les

Congratulations.

Congrats. Don't spend all that new money in one place.

Good deal GI John. Got a date for Jedi Knight (Master Gunner) school yet or have ya already BTDT?

Congratulations, great to see people move up.

Congrats!!! GI-John's buying!

Tell me the Army at least has wetdowns....:D

hey john guess i owe ya a beer, huh? have a buddy of mine (scout guy) just get promoted to e7 on friday (day before my bday) so we got him pretty drunk, it was interesting! He leaves here in a few weeks for knox for ANCOC. CONGRATS!!!!! Now it means i need to get my butt in order and get my SGT stripes, huh?

Let us know when you do, Kris - you're buying!

(I'm starting to see a trend here)

GI-John said:
19K- M1 Armor Crewman
4- Skill Level 4 (E-7)
4- Non Career Recruiter

Thanks...
Did you ever get to be in the real Army (2ACR) with the M1? Man, those were fun gizmos.

Somewhere here I have pictures from when we fielded them.... at Graf, two hit head on. We took them each completely apart, as it was the first such incident.

Crazy and fun all at the same time. Lots of little parts to take apart, then put back together. Glad I moved away from wrenches to radios and maps and such. :)

ladywolf said:
hey john guess i owe ya a beer, huh? have a buddy of mine (scout guy) just get promoted to e7 on friday (day before my bday) so we got him pretty drunk, it was interesting! He leaves here in a few weeks for knox for ANCOC. CONGRATS!!!!! Now it means i need to get my butt in order and get my SGT stripes, huh?
Go get them stripes!!! I made E5 early in my time. Was great. :) I was promoted shortly after arriving in Berlin. The hardest part.... most all of the guys in my squad were at least 10 years older than me... up to Spc4 Stearns. He was 35. We all got along, had fun....... but got the job done, and done well. :)

You get promoted, get out here and buy the beer. :)

Good Luck!

congrats John! I'm workin on my score to try and get Cpl, been in longer than most Cpls around here yet I'm still LCpl...:(

BlackSport96 said:
congrats John! I'm workin on my score to try and get Cpl, been in longer than most Cpls around here yet I'm still LCpl...:(
Ya boot! What kind of cutting score are you looking at for Cpl in the 5900s? I waited with 40 months TIG, always 3-4 points behind a slowly-climbing score before I got it. Once the score came down everybody pinned their bloodstripes on...

Back