• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a Lockright good for me....

utahxjer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm runnin 35's with soon to be 4:88 gears... I want a cheaper locker, cause I drive it alot on the street(everyday) but I also wheel it just about everyother weekend. So is a Lockright in my rear D44 with 35's gonna hold up and be good for me? thanks

The Lockright should hold up under your situation, but is that really your best option? It sounds as though you plan to regear soon, and could then install any locker you want without having to settle for a lunchbox locker. If you drive much in snow or ice (it IS Utah, right?) you might want to consider a selectable locker that would allow you to run open on the road and still lock up solid when wheeling. True they cost more, but the flexibility is unbeatable.
If you want to go with a lunchbox, I can recommend the NoSlip. Mine is largely invisible under general use, and was easy to learn to handle in the slick stuff. It's much more smooth and quiet than the Lockright unit due to its synchro-rings.

Back