• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Run

LBEXJ

NAXJA Member #721
Last year in November, we all got together at Badlands. I think everyone had a good time. What is everyones opinion of planning something for over at Rockport ORP this year .... maybe have a Turkey Run. I've not been there yet, but have heard some favorable things about the place. I'm pretty sure Lawn Cher has been there during the Land of Lincoln Run and several of the non-members have been or are planning on going there.

Comments ...

Les

its a really cool place. Ive been there 3 times. The trails rate from really easy to super hard so theres something for everyone.

I am game. Good chance I will be at RORP on the 9th, as some of our club trails make up the park and we have a club run that day. If I am there, What Rd will be as well, I am sure.

I would love to get together over there, as it is much close for me than the Badlands :D

bgcntry72 said:
From what I hear, you will be 'rubber side up' 300 feet from the trailhead.
Got fuel?
:rof:

how would that be possible?

I'm not hitchhiking anymore, I'm RIDIN'.......in someone elses jeep.

who's rollin?

If its wet it will definateay be hard. It is possible to make it w/o winching but its not easy. We had a group down there where pretty much everyone was 38-40's and 1 person made it without winching. It didnt even rain that day, if it would have im sure no one would have made it.

Bloose said:
Sounds intersting. What dates are we looking at?

B

We have not really put any dates together on this yet ...

Actually, RORP was thrown out as just a suggestion. I am not so sure Thanksgiving Day would work well for everyone because some have holiday commitments, but that's to be decided too I guess.

Any weekend leading up to (and including) Thanksgiving is fine for me.

Les

I live an hour from Rockport. I'd be willing to host a meet & greet tied into a wheeling trip there, but I will be back east from the weekend prior to the weekend after Thanksgiving.

How bout a really post Turkey day run? :D

I'll be out of town the weekend before and after Turkey day, so count me in if it's any weekend other than those two.

Count me in. Rockport is a good choice. There's a wide variety of stuff to keep everyone happy. We were there this past Saturday one day after a day-long rain and the traction was remarkable on the trails we were running.

I would like to go jeepless, anyone going from the North shore area that I could hitch a ride with???

-RYAN

I think there's going to be a run down at Sayersbrook Bison Ranch in Potosi the Saturday after Thanksgiving Day if you're looking for another option. I should have more details in a few weeks.

id love to get out and wheel with NAXJA guys... no one respects the xj...

i would be able to go the weekend before turky day or 2nd weekend after... (my name should be red, but it aint yet.. - i paid but porcessing times...) :worship:

www.misfitsoffroad.com is planning a run to the new park in Kentucky or Wellsville, OH over turker day if anyone is interested

Back