• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaking When Starting Out

JEEPTHIS

NAXJA Forum User
I can hear a progressive squeaking that seems to be coming from the left side, more to the front when I start to drive. When I'm up to speed it stops. Any ideas? Thanks.

Belt is fine, only when in gear, only 135k with a rebuilt trans and converter at 80k, hope it isnt something like the transfer case. If I could only get my wife to grab the rocker and ride the creeper I'd be set.

Take a good look at your u-joints and your front brakes. My front left brake drags a little, and it squeaks a little. All of it is slated for replacement in the near future. The calipers will get worn where the pads sit in them, and then the pad moves, and can cause squeaking. The only way to fix it is fill in the worn spot with a weld, and then file it to the correct size and shape, or replace the caliper.

Back