• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cool New Suspension Design

Ive heard of guys using hydrolic cyliders that have gyros attached to the pumps to stablize them on the trails on to keep them planted

Very interesting. Nifty link, thanks! :)

From watching the videos, I notice there's virtually no roll. Citroen noticed an issue with this a dozen years ago when their Activa hydropneumatic suspension went on the market: similar to the Bose system, it practically eliminates roll. Problem was, without drivers being able to feel the physics affecting the car they were overdriving them in curves - there was no indication at the wheel of when breakaway was going to happen until it did. As a result, they ended up introducing (IIRC) 1.5 degrees of permissible lean into the system before it would kick in - just enough to let the driver know what was going on but not enough to compromise handling.

XTrmXJ said:
Ive heard of guys using hydrolic cyliders that have gyros attached to the pumps to stablize them on the trails on to keep them planted

I designed and built a "rollover preventer".

when you hit a button, a hydraulic pump actuated these huge arms that swung down and acted like big "feet" kinda like you'd find on a Lunar Lander, saving one from "going turtle"

they're almost ready to ship.

anyday now.

Beezil said:

when you hit a button, a hydraulic pump actuated these huge arms that swung down and acted like big "feet" kinda like you'd find on a Lunar Lander, saving one from "going turtle"

anyday now.

What's the pound per rollover preventative ratio on that?

Orange is going belly up any day now. If you own any, SELL IT! My inside information shows that GREEN is going to be the new orange and you'll be glad since orange never was that cool.
btw... wtf is orange roughy?

Beezil said:
thats the crazy part.

Orange Roughy costs more per pound than my product!
Please tell me you didn't buy any and EAT it??

At any price, throw it back.

--ron

Beezil said:

anyday now.

repost you know that has already been designed and implemented by xjguy.

Beezil said:

anyday now.

how much shipped to 98031? kthxbye

azxjman said:
repost you know that has already been designed and implemented by xjguy.

Beezil lives in xjguy's pants.
Why do you think they have the same ideas.

hinkley

Hmmm, this is not new. This suspension technology has been discussed before; back in the mid to late eighties. It was presented in an article... I believe it was in Motor Trend. It was called "active suspension". When brakes were applied, the front would usually dip as a result of weight transfer, the active suspension would actually keep the car level no matter how hard the brakes were applied. It had sensors that were mounted in front of each tire to look at the road before the tires would go over and the computer would compensate the shocks and other suspension compenents to stiffen up or loosen depending on the terrain such as dips and other road hazards, thereby maintaining smooth ride regardless of road conditions. Of course it was not foolproof, if you hit a big boulder or a tree you still go "splat". :gee:

:viking:

Back