• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Viper Alarm Sytem

KinesthesiaDrums

NAXJA Forum User
aight.....has anyone here put a Viper 790XV alarm system on their rig? thats the big fancy one with all the goodies (remote start, keyless entry, window control, etc) or rather....has anyone done the install and was successful, or someone with alarm system install knowlege...

got a 1990 XJ 4.0 automatic with auto locks and windows....

as of right now i've got the alarm part pretty much done...impact sensor, door sensors, still gotta mount hood pin switch and figure out a switch for rear hatch, but thats no biggie....

main concerns right now are the remote start and the keyless entry.....

i have the remote start wired up just as the book says (and using FSM)....i push the buttons to start and all the relays click on and everything happens BUT the starter turning over......now, with a test light if i go to the relay that controls the starter, and i ground the toggle wire....the starter turns.....but the viper brain can't seem to make this happen....would this be a malfunction in the brain....or something i didn't wire right?

for keyless enrty....my jeep had a previously installed (factory) keyless entry system....but i got this thing used last summer..and no entry fob or anything to control it.....i have done the door lock relay upgrade/fix thingy because my all my locks weren't getting enough power to work right (the install of two extra relays and such)....where would i tie the lock and unlock wires into my system to have the Viper brain do its thing?? the only instuctions the book gives is that these two wires are ment to trigger relays, they aren't supplied with enough power to switch all the locks.......now, ive tried hooking these wires to every possible existing wire in the new lock relays....and nothing has worked......
when using a test light on the wires from the brain when not connected, i get a light when i push lock or unlock........but when i touch the brain wires to ANY of the existing lock wiring and push the button...there is no light....i dunno what happens....

i hope all that made sense, or you all could get something out of that.....
please...any help would be greatly appreciated....

i would like to make sure my $1300+ sound system stays IN my jeep.....*grins*

yea....i've got that book..it came with the system.....cept mine is the 790 not the 561

Back