• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Trim Level

casm

NAXJA Forum User
OK. Question for anyone with a trim level equal to or higher than Sport: I've got an '01 Sport with what I assume is the el cheapo interior - no door pockets, no seat pockets, front buckets with the integral non-adjustable headrests.

What trim levels (without leather, so that eliminates the Limited) had door pockets, seat pockets, and height- and rake-adjustable headrests?

I could really use more small-item storage, somewhere to keep the Thomas Guide that isn't under the passenger seat, and headrests that keep my back and neck at a reasonable angle.

My 90 laredo had door pockets and full center console, adjustable headrests, but no seat pockets (ive only seen this on a wagoneer ina jyard). My 91 sport has no door pockets, no seat pockets, "sport" console and adjustable headrests. I thought ALL cherokees had bucket seats.......

My '88 Pioneer has map pockets on the front doors. My wife's 2000 Classic does not. More of DaimlerChrysler's cost shaving.

I don't think any XJ ever had rake adjustable headrests. The headrests in the 88 Pioneer adjust for height, but regardless of height they are so far behind my head that in a rear end collision I'm a goner. The range of adjustment only allows me to fine-tune which vertebra I wish to have snapped. I'm 6'-3" tall and the head rest doesn't lift anywhere close to high enough to fall behind my head as opposed to behind my neck.

I've never seen door or seat pockets on a '97+ XJ. I don't think they made them. Also I don't think they ever made any adjustable headrests for the '97+. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Actually, I've found the sports to be the best optioned out for the '97+. Just my opinion though.

well I know they have the door pocket option for 97+, when i had to buy new front panels I had anoption to get them. new panels will run you close to 220 for drivers front, 190 for passenger front- the ones with pocket wer like 30 or 50 more though

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. For the door pockets I'm thinking I'll try to source something like the nets on the inside of the rear door in this picture - Krazy Glue or pop-rivets should do the trick. I've seen a couple of Classics with headrests that're height-adjustable; looks like I should probably start scouring the junkyards for seats. Thanks for the advice, folks.

casm said:
I've seen a couple of Classics with headrests that're height-adjustable; looks like I should probably start scouring the junkyards for seats. Thanks for the advice, folks.
Classics and Limiteds had height-adjustable headrests. Sports and SEs did not.

The map pockets on the doors might have been standard on Limiteds. I'd look for older XJs in junk yards, get the door panels off them, and transfer the map pockets to yours.

Eagle said:
The map pockets on the doors might have been standard on Limiteds. I'd look for older XJs in junk yards, get the door panels off them, and transfer the map pockets to yours.

Thats what I did. Cost me $2 each at the Pick a Part. Bring a Torx driver.

Eagle said:
regardless of height they are so far behind my head that in a rear end collision I'm a goner. The range of adjustment only allows me to fine-tune which vertebra I wish to have snapped. I'm 6'-3" tall and the head rest doesn't lift anywhere close to high enough to fall behind my head as opposed to behind my neck.
I agree....I'm 6'4" with a 91 laredo and i have the same problem. And mine has the door pockets!!! But my seats are leather/vinyl.

Back