• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

time for tires soon, have a budget

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
well its about time for some new tires and i will be upgrading to 33's. i have 31'' dunlops which i have had since january and are between 30-50%. i paid 73 a tire for them and am looking to spend no more than 100-125 a tire for my next set. the dunlops did good but got torn up pretty good and the mileage was ok. i will probably get them again since i think i can get them for around 80 a tire since i go through the dealership i work at which gets em from tire rackm and like i said they did pretty good. i would be willing to cough up a little extra for a better tire, but not a whole lot more. is there a better choice out there tire and money wise for my dd. sorry for all the words, just want to get a little info before i spend my money

if your truck is a dd then go BFG. I know other people will have diffrent thoughts on this, But I have always run BFG and realy like them. They have good road manners, good ok offroad, and are fairly puncture resistant. Just my opinion.

there kinda pricey though, or at least at the top of what i would want to spend, plus there very similar to the dunlop which are nearly half the price. i know might be defending them, but its kinda hard to beat, but i am looking for something that will beat them and not break the bank.

have you checked swampers? I think Truxxus Muds are around 130 a tire for 33's, but you have to figure out shipping or find a local dealer... I am saying this because you mentioned the Dunlop's got torn up, the swampers have thicker sidewalls and such..

I also agree go with BFG's In my opinion the best all around tire ever made!Just remember you get what you pay for! You say your Dunlops are about 50% worn and you have had them on since January. Well I put on a new set of BFG AT's in January on my 94 and have put about 45k on them already and they are not even close to 50% worn.

Check out Costco and BJ's. I think you can get the BFG AT's in your price range there.

Sears has General Grabber AT2's on salee too.

Starting today through the end of the month. ProComp is running their buy 3 get 1 free deal.

Here's another vote for the BFG ATs. They're great on the rocks and in the snow, and are fairly quiet on the freeway. They kinda suck in mud, but we don't have much of that here.

I picked up some Trxus mt's.. about a month ago...they are real nice..i drove about 400 miles a week to work....they r holding up good...and they are rvery nice off road...clean well in mud,sticks to rocks well.. and on road...not to noisy,great in the rain..they have alot of siping.. im very happy with them..

What do you run in LA mostly? Mud & dirt? If so, get a mud tire or a nice a/t that has sipes. I'm running the Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX right now and they do good, but with only 4000 miles on them so far, they're chunking really bad. I run tons of rocks though, they would probably do good in mud because of the large voids. Next time I'll get something without sipes since that seems to make the chunking worse.

I run the Cooper STT's. Same design as the BFG MT. I used to run the BFG's but got tired of paying the big money for little reward. I've seen their sidewalls get cut and bust beads just like any other tire. The Cooper's seem to last as long and they perform the same offroad. Plus they are alot less. I paid $134.00 a tire mounted, balanced, and 6% PA tax. 35x12.50-15.

stt.jpg

there was some deal through the end of octrober on goodyear tires including the MTR at Gemini, might extend to other dealerships too... the MTR is a favorite, with the BFG...

an at is out of the question for me, i am in the mud or on a trail almost everyweekend. the trxus did cross my mind though. what kind of mileage do these tires expect. its probably gonna come down to the dunlops bfg mt's or the trxus mt.

Back