• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H2O in glove box!

aplatz

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

Just had a 4" rain on Tuesday here in Frederick, MD.and noticed my glovebox had a puddle of water in it! Had my windshield replaced almost 5 months ago w/ no leaking. The installer came by today and checked the windshield and said it looked ok. He said most leaking shows on the floor if it comes in the lower windshiled. He can do a test, but I have to drive pretty far for that.

Anybody had the same problem? He said maybe a drain is plugged?

Thx,

PLATZIE

Take it to a DIY car wash, and hit the edges of the windshield with the high pressure hose. Then, get in, and look for leaks. I know those installers fawk up from time to time.

the only way for water to enter is from a leak. assuming you didnt leave your window down, then the next likely and logical place it could be from is the windshield above the glove box.

Hello, just had the same problemm in my '87. Your windshield is the culprit!! If you remove it bet you'll find that the right hand dash connection point is rusted pretty bad. The seal on the lower part of your windshield has deteriated and water drips in to the glove box and behind your dash. It will get worse and make its way to your passenger side floor. Is it original glass? If it is, push out and I bet it will almost fall out. Hope this helps.

Back