• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

muffler?

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
ok here is a dumb ? my stock muff feel off so i need a new one but i dont want to spend the 80 bucks for a new one. i was courious if anyone has put a glass pack on thers notice any differance?

stealer

go to a muffler shop or pepboys. the stealership will always overprice everything. Especially if you let them install it for you. My friend had his clutch replaced in his civic last week and it cost him $1200. The clutch itself only cost $300, but the labor was around $150/hr! That's more than some doctors charge per hour.

I just replaced the muffler on mine from AutoZone and it came to $21 and some change for the muffler. I bet you will pay no more than $35 for just a stock muffler at any major auto parts store.

thats how mine is, but a guy offered to weld on a glasspack for me if he trade him a tach i have sitting around. the noise gets kinda annoying at times and sounds a little s h i t t y at times. i should get the pack on soon, will let you know

edit: woohoo! 1000 posts, and i still havent coughed up hte dough for a membership,soon hopefully

i have what some people call an addictive personality. first drugs, now jeeps, i think i'll stick to the jeeps.

Ramsey said:
i have what some people call an addictive personality. first drugs, now jeeps, i think i'll stick to the jeeps.

you could find cash for drugs, but not an NAXJA membership?

BTW, I am just messing with you, I dont want to start another one of Those arguments....

back to the muffler, Summit has fully welded mufflers for $30 then get a muffler shop to bend up some pipes. could go 2 1/2 and the welded muffler will take more of a beating... but what do I know, I just installed a muffler bandage....lets see how that works out...

Back