• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers..... one speed

JungleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My wipers are driving me up the wall!! It's lost the intermittent speed feature which I can live with but now een the fast speed does not seem fast anymore!! What gives?

BTW I do have the cruise control thingy but that don't work no more too

Thanks

I got that a while back: it's the wiper delay module. This little white box (IIRC about 80 x 50 x 20mm) sits under the dash, velcro'd into place - feel under the dash and you'll get to it. Pull one from a scrapyard, since they're actually pretty pricey for what they are from the dealership, undo yours and just plug the new one in. If it's just acting up intermittently (no pun intended), then it can be removed/ bypassed completely, and the wires at both ends of the module connected together (they just snap in). This gives you normal and fast wipe, but no intermittent.

As for only one speed on continual wipe, maybe someone else can help. Good luck!

Yeah it is black and velcrowed. If your are starting to have trouble in all speeds, it sounds like your motor is going. It's rarely the switch, so I would remove the wiper motor and see if it is grounding out. It's a cheap fix if you go to the boneyard. Hope this helps.

I agree. It is probably the wiper motor. You have three choices.

1. pull the motor and remove the access plate. check the contacts and re bend them to improved pressure. This worked great for me on my 92.

2. Find one at the bone yard. Be careful. There are at least 2 types of connectors. The change over was in 91, it think. Yes the dealer has an adapter but they wanted $75!

3. Buy a new wiper motor. I don''t think they offer the old one with the round style connector.

Chancer said:
I got that a while back: it's the wiper delay module. This little white box (IIRC about 80 x 50 x 20mm) sits under the dash, velcro'd into place - feel under the dash and you'll get to it. Pull one from a scrapyard, since they're actually pretty pricey for what they are from the dealership, undo yours and just plug the new one in. If it's just acting up intermittently (no pun intended), then it can be removed/ bypassed completely, and the wires at both ends of the module connected together (they just snap in). This gives you normal and fast wipe, but no intermittent.

As for only one speed on continual wipe, maybe someone else can help. Good luck!
Apologies for digging up the old thread, but you sound as if you know what's inside that little black box. Is this something that can be dissected and repaired?

I'm losing my intermittent feature as well. I get a couple of properly timed cycles, then as soon as the wipers hit the at-rest position, I hear a relay click and the wipers immediately swipe again. The delay module sounds like a good place to start.

Rob

Back