• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A-Rings for mounting gear to floor - PICTURES

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
These are the rings that I've refered to.

I pulled them out of '80's small Chevy Blazers / GMC Jimmy's, there is one per vehicle mounted dead center in the cargo bay. They height of each is about 1.25"

a-ring.jpg

What they hold down (with turnbuckles) most the time, it probably weighs about 40 - 50 lbs, it doesn't move at all under big bumps or heavy braking.
box.jpg

Yea I saw those in a friends Jimmy. Got to find some of those! How did you secure them to the floor without punching a hole in the fuel tank?

Those are actually in the existing holes for the factory D-Rings (even though I didn't have them, the holes were there). But they are on the edges of the cargo bay, so they do straddle teh fuel tank.

It's all good man, if you do poke holes in the fuel tank it will only leak when you roll and in that case your gonna have bigger fish to fry amirite?

SO WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

:D

I have used the exact same A-rings to help hold down totes when wheeling, and let me say, they have worked EXTREMELY well! I used a piece of 3/8 plate on the backside of the sheetmetal where I mounted the ring and it holds very well.

This thread kinda wandered off topic. Deleted a bunch of posts to get it back on subject again. :)

You can find 4 at a time if you look in a recent model Suburban, Tahoe or Yukon. They might be a couple RCHs bigger though.

RCH?

The hook is the same, I was actually aware of them when I authored this post but way back then you would never see them in the yards as they were still quite new. You couldn't (and still can't) spit at the bone yard then without hitting an S10 Blazer.

Back