• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Classic Mustang parts

Ralph

NAXJA Member #149
My neighbor has a 68 Mustang. He needs some body parts for it. Do any of you guys know of a good source for parts. He needs the mounting hardware for one of his side mirrors and some other stuff.

Thanks

bchulett said:
Tell your buddy if he waits a couple years, he'll be able to buy a brand new '68 husk. They just released the new '69 Camaro unibody ... ripe for the taking.

So much for those overpriced rust buckets and high-dollar resto's.
Actually, his is very cherry with only around 57,000 original miles. He's had the car for years, rarely drives it, but is out in the garage dusting it every Saturday. I think he was vigorously dusting one day and knocked the mirror off. It's red with a black vinyl top. It has the 200 straight six and an automatic transmission. It's not much of a muscle car, but it sure is pretty.

Ralph said:
Actually, his is very cherry with only around 57,000 original miles. He's had the car for years, rarely drives it, but is out in the garage dusting it every Saturday. I think he was vigorously dusting one day and knocked the mirror off. It's red with a black vinyl top. It has the 200 straight six and an automatic transmission. It's not much of a muscle car, but it sure is pretty.

ohhh... I'm not a Ford man but that would make a nice donor for a 428 SCJ or 429 Shotgun motor ... if you could get it to fit.

I'd actually be inclined to keep it original just because six cylinder early Mustangs are a rare breed, and getting more and mroe rare every day. If you want a rare one find a '66 with a six, auto, and a bench seat..them things aren't common!

Yea I agree ... keep the six.

I ran across a guy at Forces' car show a couple years back. He drove in and parked next to me with an original '69 Boss 429 matching numbers car... had low miles, never been touched or restored.

About 20 years ago, the son of Uriche Motors in Whittier had an almost brand new black-on-black Boss 429 w/4-speed for sale in the showroom. He wanted $35K for it then ... it only had a few miles !

I wanted to buy it but couldn't scrape up the doe.

You've had yoru share of cool cars man...in fact you've exceeded your allocation. You'll have to hand the Plymouth over. Tell you waht, I'll take it and you can visit it from time to time :D

GSequoia said:
You've had yoru share of cool cars man...in fact you've exceeded your allocation. You'll have to hand the Plymouth over. Tell you waht, I'll take it and you can visit it from time to time :D

LOL. My Plymouth has been a money pit... but it's fun. Dyno reads 650hp@5,500 & 700lb torque@4,000 rpm. It doesn't track straight until it hooks .. so you can imagine the ride. And with a full-manual auto, you've got to hang on with one hand when looking for the next detent---it needs some serious rehabilitation.

But, I wish I had kept the Corvair Spyder ... it was my first. When I was in high school my dad thought I was running a used car lot.

Those were some fun days.

Back