• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bar pins....where to buy?

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
Was changing my tires today and found that I have broken one of the bar pins for the rear shock. It was just hanging on there by the axle mount. Anyone know where I could buy one other than the junkyard or dealer?

bigwhitey said:
Ibut I've heard of alot of people using the rear swaybar mounts.
Bad idea as they rotate your shock by 90* changing the the way it wants to travel. JKS BPE are good and also call up Rancho or some other company and see if they can send you some. Also ask people in your area s there are bound to be a few that have spare bar pins. Maybe even ask a local 4wd shop.

I went to 4 wheel parts and they gave me some. Of course I know about 5 people who work there so I dont know if they are sopposed to sell them or what.

Azxjman -- Glad you found some. That may be the best route -- go to a tire, muffler and shock place, like Midas or Monro or Sears, and ask permission to scrounge through their trash dumpster. Monroe doesn't sell bar pins separate -- I've asked. Dunno if Gabriel (Auto Zone and Pep Boys) does.

For the rest of you who reponded -- here's a lesson to read the question. The man asked where to find bar pins. Looks like every one of you told him where to find bar pin eliminators, which is not what he asked about.

Eagle said:
For the rest of you who reponded -- here's a lesson to read the question. The man asked where to find bar pins. Looks like every one of you told him where to find bar pin eliminators, which is not what he asked about.
Oh Eagle time for COFFEE! 2 out of 3 respondents have suggested where to get the bar pins, 1 out of 3 suggested alternatives only.
And here's a lesson to read the answers: Azxjman is the one that got some @ 4 wheel parts while Bretto is the one that's looking :D (sorry... couldn't resist that one)

Ah, Remi --

I am aware that Azxjman is not the guy who posted the question. That¿'s why I commented that I'm glad he found some, and that scrounging might indeed be the way to go.

As to the other responses, both Bigwhitey and you got talking about JKS bar pin eliminators and using the rear sway bar mounts -- which is a redneck BPE.

I don't think I missed anything.

Also, Rancho is Tenneco, which also owns Monroe. They don't sell bar pins as separate parts. Got that direct from the factory.

Eagle said:
using the rear sway bar mounts -- which is a redneck BPE.
Didn't I say that it's a bad idea?
Also, Rancho is Tenneco, which also owns Monroe. They don't sell bar pins as separate parts. Got that direct from the factory.
OK, if they won't give barpins another place that might be worth checking into is procomp.

Back