• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disable remote entry?

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched a while now, but cannot find info on this subject. I was just wondering if there was a way to disable the remote entry (RF type) on a 99?

The previous owners lost one of the remotes(paranoia sets in), and considering that I already think the remote entry is a little too risky(surely can be hacked?), I figured that if there was a way to disable it, I'd just go ahead and disable it. Please post if you can help...

gba88 said:
I've searched a while now, but cannot find info on this subject. I was just wondering if there was a way to disable the remote entry (RF type) on a 99?

The previous owners lost one of the remotes(paranoia sets in), and considering that I already think the remote entry is a little too risky(surely can be hacked?), I figured that if there was a way to disable it, I'd just go ahead and disable it. Please post if you can help...

Remove the sensor in the overhead console or the little cover and un plug it, should work fine.

hinkley

There are easier ways to get into a Jeep rather than trying to clone a RF signal, just ask any locksmith.
If your worried about the previous owners remote, you could alway pick up a new receiver/sensor at either the dealer or junkyard (preffered) and install it into your Jeep. Then you can have your existing remote reprogrammed to the new receiver. I had this done when I added an overhead console to my 97 that already had keyless entry.

OR, you can just do what Hinckley said. :)

...a hidden kill switch is always a good idea too.

Back