• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Error 24?

St3mpy

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light has been coming on recently, so I pulled up the code via the ignition trick. Pulled up erro code 24. Hayes says that the TPS sensor's voltage is either too migh or too low. I don't think anyting is acting funny with my engine, so what should I do? How do you test the sensor, and how much does it cost?

Well today's your lucky day. :cheers:
A code 24 does indeed point to a TPS voltage that's out of range. The symptoms may be so mild (bucking, hesitation, erratic idle) that you're not actually noticing them. Backprobe the middle of the three wires going to the TPS connector and measure the voltage, using a digital voltmeter, with the ignition on/engine off. With the throttle closed, it should read ~0.7v. As you slowly open the throttle, the voltage should rise steadily until you reach WOT where it'll be ~3.8v. If the voltage blips or dips as you're opening the throttle, the TPS is bad and should be replaced.

Back