• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T/C leak on XJ?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, my g/f bought a black 98 xj a while back, the dealer she bought it from said he doesnt warranty "seepage" on any fluids...and that is something i noticed, under the transfer case there is minor seepage...not drips or anything but its deffinatly not dry, my question is...is there a seal in the t/c that just needs to be replaced or is that something that over time will turn into a leak and then we will need to replace the t/c? The warranty has about a month left on it and i need to know if i should try to get him to fix it. Thanks for any info.

Find out the written details of the warranty. I don't know about the CT warranty, but NY has a state lemon law that applies for a certain time and miles after purchase depending on the mileage of the vehicle. I made the dealer do tons of work to my '01. I actually felt sorry for them, but I didn't relent. I still don't think the rear diff is 100%.

I usually tolerate some level of seepage on my own vehicles. In most cases I don't fix leaks until they start leaving a stain on the driveway or in the case of front and rear main seals when they start getting the clutch/belts wet.

Back