• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One of the worst cages I've ever seen.

That ought to buff right out.

What the hell did he think he was gonna do, hold the Jeep up with his foot?

It seems like that rollover could have been easlily avoided. I cant belive that guy stuck his leg out what a retard.

Hmmm...wondering what his thoughts about his cage were?

...squares, the new triangles...

Or how does it go?

...pound per dollar the best cage around...

Other than the guy should not have stuck his leg out and needs some more driving exprence and a XJ ( :D ) for better wheel base...

The cage did it's job, the guy walked away. It caved in, yes but there is still a place of him to be crouched down in.

Yes the cage could be better, but it still was better than no cage or hard top.

Now if he keeps putting limbs out the door when he rolls he won't need a cage ever again.

hinkley

Some people, and obviously this guy, are better off with doors ... besides providing a barrier between them and what is outside, it also keeps their appendages in.

Some people have the tendency to panic in situations like that ... which may be a normal reaction even if not a smart one. They think they can physically stop several thousand pounds from following the law of gravity ... the guy who tried to stop the Hummer from rolling is another example. I've seen this reaction many times ... and even done it myself, though never with a motor vehicle.

I would suspect even those throwing major flames at this guy have reacted similarly if they'd just think about it.

Les

PS: Yes ... the cage did not save the vehicle very well and should be much stouter IMO. It was probably a bitch to drive afterwards. But even though the guy had to duck a little, he did come away virtually uninjured.

lbexj said:
PS: Yes ... the cage did not save the vehicle very well and should be much stouter IMO. It was probably a bitch to drive afterwards. But even though the guy had to duck a little, he did come away virtually uninjured.
I wonder.... how clean was the seat after the roll? And did he duck or slide on something :)

Mark Hinkley said:
The cage did it's job, the guy walked away. It caved in

how can you say this?

the cage didn't do its job at all!

the a-pillar and spreaders might as well not have been there at all. They didn't contribute ANYTHING. The fact that that guy walked away has to do with LUCK.

if the cage "did its job" the cage wouldn't need to be REPAIRED. I've rolled 4 times. The first time was without a cage, and the a-pillars were toast. The next three times are all on the cage that I have now. and one roll in particular, was 3 times as had as the first. my cage didn't tweak at all.

***THAT*** is "doing its job.

Back