• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i think i made a mistake today....

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I was one of five kids in our family who played an instrument ... and I remember my (3) younger brothers playing Trumpet, Alto Sax, and Trombone. My older sister played flute and piano ... and I played a Baritone Sax.

DaD spent a lot of time at the barn ... and MoM turned the TV volume up!

M&D really enjoyed watching and listening to us through the years though. Lots of funny memories and stories that still come up whenever we all get together. Hang in there, and buy lots of asprin!!

Les

lbexj said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I was one of five kids in our family who played an instrument ... and I remember my (3) younger brothers playing Trumpet, Alto Sax, and Trombone. My older sister played flute and piano ... and I played a Baritone Sax.

DaD spent a lot of time at the barn ... and MoM turned the TV volume up!

M&D really enjoyed watching and listening to us through the years though. Lots of funny memories and stories that still come up whenever we all get together. Hang in there, and buy lots of asprin!!

Les

You might want to consider a set of 'active' ear muffs.....cabellas has them..

BAGPIPES, man! Get her the pipes and you'll look back fondly on the week she had a trumpet...:D

Yucca-Man said:
BAGPIPES, man! Get her the pipes and you'll look back fondly on the week she had a trumpet...:D

I got into them for a while, had some tapes and used to listen to them in the jeep. Had more people roll up their windows at intersections...

That's not a mistake if she likes it, the trumpet and later trombone I had as a kid got me a very interesting (to me at least) 22 year career playing music for a living - there is a lot of self discipline and skill that can be learned from it even if it goes no farther than high school. As for yourself, get some earplugs....... :laugh2:

sidriptide said:
i went and got my 9year old daughter a F'ing trumpet!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with me??
Well, least we know yer not one to toot your own horn....but truly, music..even really loud music..opens up a lot of things for a kid..heck..we made it thru our teenage years, and look at us!...um..kay..toss the trumpet before its too late.

Give her the option of "trading" the trumpet in for a flute. ;) ;)

That's how my wife and I got our daughter off of the violin - ouch!

That's pretty bad, I thought about buying my kid a drum set when I devorced my first wife and he still lived with her :D

sidriptide said:
i went and got my 9 year old daughter a F'ing trumpet!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with me??

LOL! Been there. If there are any lonely cattle within three miles, well lets just say they won't give up too easy! In about three or four years it get better. Worse thing of it is, you are going to have to keep reminding her to make that $%&#ing noise EVERY DAY!

The bright side is....

...nevermind.

LOL I 'tried' to play the trombone in grade school... My only talents with it was that I could do a faithful replication of a WWII divebomber and run around like a madman at the same time. (pre-rytalin child here)

One day the house got broken into and it was one of the two things taken. :dunno:

My next 'gig' was as a drummer... I showed a bit more talent for that, but surely wasn't the next Nicko Mc Brain. That progressed into dirtbikes and snowmobiles so I had mobility to get out of the yard and go bother other folks.

woody said:
LOL I 'tried' to play the trombone in grade school...
That progressed into dirtbikes and snowmobiles so I had mobility to get out of the yard and go bother other folks.
Hmm I can just picture Woody on a snowmobile with a trombone in hand bothering other folks.

thanks guys.. it's gonna be a looooooooooooong winter... i just hope she keeps the interest.. as long as she does i will keep paying for it.. (because i just know i will always "pay" in the end..) we got the trumpet because the sax was too much $$ and she didnt want a flute...

:music: damn i wish the new apartment was bigger... :music: :music:

dogtired said:
when you had enuff, you could "accidentally" back yer Jeep over the trumpet :shhh:

:viking:

that would be hard to do since she has specific strict instructions about NOT taking it utside (i am sure i will re-assess this decision in the future) and it is insured anyways so we would just get a new one..... i'm F'ed....

Back