• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

wcbuyer

NAXJA Forum User
If I change from the stock tires of 225/75-15 to 235/75-15 what kind of changes should I expect in gas mileage, performance, speedometer, etc or would the change be so small it would not be noticeable.

Thanks

The only thing you might notice is that the braking is a little worse but other than that its extremely minimal.

Dean

More thaqn likely your speedometer will become more accurate, because the factory ships them set up to read slightly faster than you're actually traveling. The difference going from a 225/75 to a 235/75 will be on the order of 2 percent, possibly 3%. I calculated the difference from 215/75R15 to 30x9.50R15 at 6 percent. You're starting with a larger tire and changing to a smaller tire.

Eagle said:
More thaqn likely your speedometer will become more accurate, because the factory ships them set up to read slightly faster than you're actually traveling. The difference going from a 225/75 to a 235/75 will be on the order of 2 percent, possibly 3%. I calculated the difference from 215/75R15 to 30x9.50R15 at 6 percent. You're starting with a larger tire and changing to a smaller tire.

Agree 100%, when I went to the LT235's my spedo and odometer were dead on....

Back